Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket
$78
$76
$78
$73
Richmond Hill Inn(Richmond Hill)
$66
$80
$102
$91
$110
Best Western Parkway Hotel Toronto North(Richmond Hill)(Great Value!)
$101
$81
BestWestern.com
Emerald Isle Motel(Richmond Hill)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswould stay here againfitness roomfree breakfasthot breakfastlcd tvlarge roomfridge and microwavehot tubhockey tournamentminute drivebagelsbeds were comfortableparentsinchhighwaycanada
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Arrived for business for one evening, property new and all excellent. Pool nice, hot tub very warm, continental breakfast warm and lots to choose from. No complaints at all, close to 404, would definitely recommend staying there, also beds very comfortable

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnNewmarket, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Dan758,

We are very happy to receive positive comments from you; thank you for reviewing us. Our team members at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newmarket are very passionate at what we do: “make guests happy and comfortable during their stay” has always been our motto, and we have been successful in doing so for you. I have made a note to mention your review along with others during our next staff meeting. Our staff from General Manager to department managers, from front office staff to housekeepers, all of them would love to hear how well they have been doing. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to serve you in the future with the same enthusiasm as before.

Take care.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 8, 2012

we recently had a wedding close by so we book a block of rooms... that part worked out great... but when my son (the one who was getting married), booked but told them that he and new wife can't get there till after the wedding, they said to bad, we won't hold the room even though they gave them the credit card... Sure, the new couple will drop everything to run and register? they already had the credit card!! We the parents had to drop the festivities to run to make them happy and get the key to you new couple... Its the frustration andj insensativity that we are pissed off about... although we have no complaints about the rooms.

Room Tip: if your booking a block of rooms, make sure they appreciate it and understand especially if your paying but can't get to the room till after midnight.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank stanley51

Dear stanley51,

Thank you for reviewing us.

We strive to make our guests feel at ease every time they visit our hotel, but unfortunately we have been unsuccessful in doing so for you. I would like to sincerely apologize for the trouble you and your family had to go through. In normal circumstances a reserved room is held till the end of the day, but in your son’s case you mentioned that he did inform the hotel explaining the reason for his delay to check-in; our staff is well trained to understand such situations and make exceptions which did not happen with your son. I have mentioned this matter to both our General Manager and Front Office Manager as they will make sure this does not happen again. It was an honor to serve you, your family, and the entire group during your stay with us, and we wish the newly married couple all the happiness in the world!

We hope you will give us the opportunity to make your future stays pleasurable and without any problems.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2012

When trying to book for a friends wedding first they charged more for the Handicap room because the wedding party didn't add one to their "block of reserved rooms" and they wouldn't give the price I found on the internet...when I told them other hotels honor the quotes they told me "it's corporate policy" and if I want that rate I have to book online. I don't book or pay for anything online (don't trust it with personal info) they didn't care. I complained to "corporate" and then they passed it back to the hotel. All of a sudden I got the room for $5 less then the block reserved rate. We used a prepaid credit card and I asked at check in to do it all at once because I don't want extra charges twice with the card...she didn't listen and took the deposit on it now the card wouldn't have enough to pay for the room. It took over an hour to make the manager understand that his employee didn't listen upon check-in and because of this I'm be charged a fee from the credit card co. and now there isn't enough on the card...I gave her my regular card for the hold information as she requested. He said what they do isn't his problem. I told him it is when your employee doesn't listen and it ends up costing me extra...and I'm not going to pay any on my regular card and he's going to have to reduce the amount I have to pay for the room the amount the card is charging me...she said he can't, I said then get your supervisor because they will have the authority, or contact corporate office. He said he had the authority in that franchise to do things...so I told him to do it...after 2 long calls to the credit card company we found out the amount left on the card and he had taken that and the hotel ate the rest (profit loss). He wasn't professional and it put us behind, we had to be at another function in the Niagara Region. If Holiday Inn was better in treating the customer with respect I would have used them for the second hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank bretagne4me
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear bretagne4me,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and experiences and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept my sincere apology for the difficulties you experienced regarding your reservation and I regret you received service which was less than satisfactory. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I am a business traveler and definitely picky on cleanliness. For the life of me I can't understand why this hotel has the critics it does. The room was spick and span. Many dining opportunities in the immediate neighborhood and a decent location to all things north of Toronto. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tpharkman
HolidayInnNewmarket, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear tpharkman,

Thank you for your wonderful review about our hotel. It is not only an honor but a privilege to be a part of such a superb establishment here in Newmarket, Ontario. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback regarding our property as this helps our team members feel good about themselves when catering to our hotel guests. With your sincere comments we feel motivated to go above and beyond in making your stay a pleasurable one.

We hope very much to have you again at our hotel to exceed your expectations everytime around.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

A nice and standard holiday inn express. I love how they have a jacuzzi to unwind in. Rooms and beds are standard with the holiday inn brand. Totally good hotel. Nice breakfast in the morning as well.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Cgyguy30

Dear Cgyguy30,

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate the time you took to write a review with all the nice comments you made regarding our property. Our team of staff members from all departments would love to hear how well we are doing at making your stay pleasurable and I will make sure to mention your review to them. Your positive experience with us will not only motivate our team members but will also encourage us to keep going beyond our guests expectations everytime.

We hope to remain your choice for all your future stays in Newmarket.

Thank you again!