When trying to book for a friends wedding first they charged more for the Handicap room because the wedding party didn't add one to their "block of reserved rooms" and they wouldn't give the price I found on the internet...when I told them other hotels honor the quotes they told me "it's corporate policy" and if I want that rate I have to book online. I don't book or pay for anything online (don't trust it with personal info) they didn't care. I complained to "corporate" and then they passed it back to the hotel. All of a sudden I got the room for $5 less then the block reserved rate. We used a prepaid credit card and I asked at check in to do it all at once because I don't want extra charges twice with the card...she didn't listen and took the deposit on it now the card wouldn't have enough to pay for the room. It took over an hour to make the manager understand that his employee didn't listen upon check-in and because of this I'm be charged a fee from the credit card co. and now there isn't enough on the card...I gave her my regular card for the hold information as she requested. He said what they do isn't his problem. I told him it is when your employee doesn't listen and it ends up costing me extra...and I'm not going to pay any on my regular card and he's going to have to reduce the amount I have to pay for the room the amount the card is charging me...she said he can't, I said then get your supervisor because they will have the authority, or contact corporate office. He said he had the authority in that franchise to do things...so I told him to do it...after 2 long calls to the credit card company we found out the amount left on the card and he had taken that and the hotel ate the rest (profit loss). He wasn't professional and it put us behind, we had to be at another function in the Niagara Region. If Holiday Inn was better in treating the customer with respect I would have used them for the second hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy your stay at the Newest Holiday Inn Express & Suites located in the heart of Newmarket Business Area, with major Highways like Hwy 404 and Hwy 400 just minutes away. Whether the reason be to get away from home or to relax in a quiet atmosphere, the Holiday Inn Express will give you the comfort you are looking for. With our complimentary Hot Breakfast, Indoor Pool & Whirlpool, wired & wireless Hi-Speed Internet, Fitness Room, Busniess Center and many other amenities that will make your stay a memoriable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Newmarket
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newmarket Ontario