“A pleasure to dine there”

India Gate Exclusive Indian Cuisine
Ranked #19 of 284 Restaurants in Newmarket
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fully licensed Eat Smart Award winning restaurant with 120 seats provides fine dining with contemporary and Indian setting.
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
“A pleasure to dine there”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I really enjoy the delicious food and customer service. I always leave feeling like they genuinely care about my dining experience. They appreciate feedback and try to ensure your meal is exactly what you want. They are pricey but you get what you pay for. I dine here for special occasions and have yet to find better.

• Visited April 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Do not recommend”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It is beyond me how this restaurant got the rating it did because it was horrible. I was there for the lunch buffet. The buffet had lentil curry, chickpea curry, fish curry and lamb curry. One salad was chopped iceburg with a few tomatoes. The other salad was cold chickpeas with cold potato chunks, and raita.. There was also rice and some doughy onion pieces. Tandoori chicken was advertised as part of the buffet but not at the buffet. He brought each person one piece ( two of them being tiny drumsticks) and one piece of naan. The naan was good. The tandoori was good once I took off the burned part which was half of the chicken. It was 12.99 and way overpriced for what was served. I do NOT recommend and would never go back.

• Visited April 2013
Brampton, Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Clean, comfy, authentic. Food was excellent. I had the butter chicken with naan, my colleague had a fish vindaloo (murg?) Both dishes were fine, flavour and spices perfect.
It is pricey, a naan for $3.00? I'm used to naan for $1.50. The lunch size butter chicken, was $13. It occurred to me later, that I've had double the size for the same price. It is definitely pricey, the portions are just right for one person (at lunch). I have been able to share my butter chicken in past for two, so be prepared not to share.

• Visited February 2013
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
“Good Indian Food. Quiet Restaurant.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have eaten at the India Gate several times. The restaurant is clean, and the service, although slow, was acceptable. The portions are good. The food is good, but far from fantastic. Nice curries. We liked the naan. Price is a little steep considering it is Newmarket. The real downside for me is the restaurant is almost always 75% empty. It is very quiet like a library. Total lack of ambience. This makes for a pretty dull experience when you are on a night out. In spite of this it is nice to have a local option for Indian food. Give it a try and see what you think.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food but over priced”
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time trying Indian food. Food tasted good but what surprised me was the price. It was very expensive.