“Large menu,Huge portions, Great value!”

Shorty's Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 103 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Blue Mountains
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large menu,Huge portions, Great value!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Interesting menu lots of variety. Enough to make me come try it again if the food wasn't great. We arrived around 4:30 a bit of a weird time. They were going through a shift change at the time. The first server was very friendly and explained that there would be a change in server. As the shift changed about 8 servers congregated around the bar(I assume there is a healthy night life here)and began socializing. We eventually we were taken care of by one of them and one in training. We ordered an app each. Escargot and presentation were good. Crab cakes portion was huge!(maybe too big) they looked like 2 presidents choice salmon burgers. Taste and flavor were good, although they were a little under cooked in the centre. I would have preferred 3 smaller crisper cakes. The mains were cooked very good. Portions were generous, you will not leave this place hungry! All the food was delivered very fast. I look forward to trying another part of this menu.

• Visited August 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“Good Choice”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We went to this restaurant on the advice of one of the locals. We were staying in Owen Sound for one night after coming from Tobermory. I think we made a good choice. We were able to be seated right away even though it was a busy Friday night. Service was friendly and their wine prices were reasonable.
I went for the Cobb Salad and added a salmon filet for $7. The Salmon was a little over done but I prefer it to be over rather than under. The salad itself was so good that it would have been great even without the salmon. Lots of egg and blue cheese and the dressing was excellent. My husband ordered the Jumbo Lobster Ravioli. It came with two small garlic bread. The portion size was on the small side and he felt there wasn't enough lobster. The basil sauce though, was quite good.
Overall a good meal. I would go again.

• Visited August 2014
“Grilled chicken on chopped salad a great, light lunch”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is one of my favourite quick, light lunches in Owen Sound. A great salad which includes avocado and corn niblets with the greens, etc. This salad, and I think all of their salads are served with two warm pieces of garlic toast which are to die for.
Give it a try, I bet you like it.

• Visited July 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Nice place ... good environment and decent food.”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

It's comfortable, dining area is great for conversation and comfortable for all age groups. We had a baby and a senior citizen - space was a requirement for our group and everyone was comfortably accommodated. The food was average. My daughter is Vegan and she was taken care of without question. The menu is very limited- chicken wings, sandwhiches, fries etc ....

Yes- it's a pub and an active upper drinking establishment once the sun goes down ... but it's pretty ok :)

• Visited July 2014
Port Dover
“Tasty food !”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Excellent tasty food. Very busy place.... however you get what you pay for.... and MAN...... do you PAY there.... 19$ for fish and chips and 15$ for a hot hamburg with fries, no veg. Good service and good food though... so IF you don't mind paying through the nose..... for nasty food ... go to Shorty's while in Owen Sound.

Visited June 2014