“The place to eat in Owen Sound”

Shorty's Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 107 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

As usual, I took my client from Florence Italy to eat at Shorty's restaurant in Owen Sound. In fact, I eat most of my meals out at Shorty's when I want upscale food, especially on business. As always, Stan and his staff went out of their way to make our dining experience first class. Amanda was our waitress and she is very efficient and professional. It was also my brother's birthday and they made him feel special as well. Most all of the food on the menu is very good, but the steaks are always perfect; nicely aged and cooked to specification means bursting with flavor. My client is used to true Florentine style steak but he is always impressed with the steaks at Shorty's, especially when they serve them with King Crab! They have the best wine menu in town and I heard they are upgrading the list as we speak. The décor and seating was recently upgraded and the game is always on the many HD televisions so its always a good time at Shorty's!

1  Thank Andrew N

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We came here for lunch today and once again an excellent lunch and good service! You can't beat this place with quality of food and service!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We went here for a weekday lunch. We have eaten here for dinner as well. The food is always excellent, the service is good, and a great atmosphere. This place is ideal for a casual meal with family/friends, business, or for a dinner date. We have found that the bar side is usually quieter than the other side of the restaurant.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Great food! May be a little pricier that most places, but definitely worth every penny! The service was speedy and attentive, food came in the perfect amount of time and I appreciated the variety.
We had the spinach artichoke dip to start and it was very tasty and came with tortilla chips, pitas, carrots and celery. I have never tried it with carrots and celery, but loved it!
This will for sure be a spot we go to again when we are in the area. nom nom :)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Everything about Shorty's was delightful...the ambience, the staff, the food, and the prices. We were treated like regulars. Thanks, Amanda!!