“Packed on a Saturday” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shorty's Bar & Grill

Shorty's Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 102 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Kincardine, Ontario
“Packed on a Saturday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were at Shortys Mar 11 2013. We went with another couple who found the prices high. I didn't think the prices were that bad. It was packed full and a bit noisy. I had the chicken Marinara which was good. The service was prompt and courteous. They had some brands of draft beer which I prefer compared to bottles.

The other couple had burgers as a result of the prices.

Overall we had a good time as we were able to talk for awhile after the meal without any pressure.

• Visited March 2013

Owen Sound, Canada
“Meh, great for beers maybe?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We went twice, once for dinner and then back for lunch to give them a fair shake. Both times service was okay but the food was lacking, quantity not quality, overpriced for what you got. I think this is a place to go for beer and wings, not for a sit down meal, was disappointed after everyone telling us how great Shorty's was.

• Visited September 2012
Owen Sound
“Okay not nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Food is okay, somewhat high priced so we only go when others suggest it. To keep costs lower we usually stick with a BLT or other sandwich. Good selection of liquor and beer.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
“Shorty's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My family and myself enjoy Shorty's restaurant a lot. The staff are always very friendly and the atmosphere is very relaxing. I have always enjoyed any meal I have ordered in their restaurant. I have visited this restaurant many times in the past and will definitely return.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Carol T
Mundelein
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not my taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a great get together bar, but the food was only mediocre. We were hoping to find the menu less generic. The portions were huge.

Visited November 2012