“Everybody knows Shorty's”

Ranked #1 of 104 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Fresh beer. Good service. Good food. A group of us went after a Habitat for Humanity build one year and everyone enjoyed their meal. We recently went on our last visit as well.

There are newer reviews for Shorty's Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 9, 2012

If you're travelling on business and staying at the Best Western in Owen Sound, you get 10% off your meal. Good value, nice view, and decent service. The food is actually quite tasty. I've had all of the chicken dishes and would eat any again.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

A good place to go for consistently good food. I especially enjoy the chicken souvlaki.

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I was in town on business looking for some good food and a place to watch game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals. I chose Shorty's.

They have a solid, and not overly large menu. After some questions (I like fresh food) I decided on the Rocky Burger. This is an 8oz hand made patty with cheese, bacon, pulled pork, carmelized onions, lettuce and a home made aioli. It sounded good and didnt disappoint. The pulled pork wasnt smoked but they made it in house and mixed Jack Daniels BBQ sauce in for a nice flavour.

I chose coleslaw as my included side dish and I ordered some onion rings just to try them. The onion rings and slaw were fine but not necessarily were they hand made. I have a feeling they were commercial products available from Sysco/GFS or similar.

Good burger, good atmosphere, good beer selection...I will certainly go back!

1  Thank Budz66
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Up on a business trip for the week, went here for lunch. The food/atmosphere was incredible.
I had the 8oz special for the day, yum yum yum. My colleague had the broccoli&mushroom chicken.