“schnitzel to die for” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rockford Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 102 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Owen Sound
“schnitzel to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

If you are a schnitzel lover you have to try the Rockford restaurant. It has many different types of schnetzel---all yummy
I haven' t had their seafood crepe but I heard it is great as well. Very reasonably priced

If you are on your way to Sauble Beach or Tobermory it is on the four corners at
Rockford

WELL WORTH THE STOP

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Beverly D

Owen Sound, Canada
“Great little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

The restaurant is cool during the winter months. The food is excellent. The price is fair. We asked for separate bills, but the waiter just split the total bill in half. It did not represent what each couple ordered.

Owen Sound, Canada
“Rebuttal to Jennie's review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2012

We have been to the Rockford Restaurant many time and have NEVER experienced the situation that Jennie decribes. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding.

The food is great (ya gotta try the garlic soup) and presented beautifully on the plate.

Jennie and her friends should try again!

Graham & Sharon

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
“Very rude waitress”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

My family and I have been to this Restaurant twice before and were very pleased with the service we received. We had a reservation for this third (and last) time to celebrate a birthday. The reservation was for 5:30 p.m. We arrived approx. 10 mins early. The place was empty except for the owner and a waitress. I did mention that we were a little early, so that should have been a bit of a tip-off that we had a reservation. The waitress showed us to a table in the middle of the room. My daughter asked if we could sit by the window and was told no that those tables were only for people with reservations. My daughter told her we did have a reservation and the waitress told her that we should have let her know that when we came in so she could cross our names off the list. My daughter did mention that she didn't think it was necessary seeing as the place was empty. I was biting my tongue thinking that this is was very inappropriate of the waitress to give customers a lecture when she could very well have asked us when we entered if we had a reservation. I also thought the owner would have perhaps recognized us as we had been there before. He was in the room while she was loudly admonishing us and he did not step in. We sat down but our appetites had completely vanished. The waitress came over to take our drink orders. We all ordered water and I heard the owner ask her what we wanted to drink. When she told him "water", she used such a disdainful tone that indicated we weren't really worth wasting any time on. That was pretty much the last straw. When the owner came over to the table with our water my husband mentioned our displeasure with the waitress and he wanted to know what she had done. Meanwhile, she's standing in the same room overhearing the conversation and in complete denial that she had done anything wrong. When I did attempt to tell her about her bad attitude, she showed absolutely no remorse and denied she had done anything wrong. We left and have no intentions of ever going back. Perhaps this waitress should either be sent on a customer service course, or sent packing. Maybe when the owner loses more customers, he will decide to do something about her.

Visited September 2011