“Local Gem”

Ranked #5 of 103 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Norma Jean's opened it's doors in 1984 and has been a local favourite for 30 years. Offering a wide range of food and brews/spirits for every walk of life. Drawing inspiration from many cultures and culinary styles. Norma Jean's also includes daily lunch and dinner features created by the amazing team of chefs dwelling in the closet... Uh hum, I mean kitchen!
“Local Gem”
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Norma Jean's has stood the test of time. The menu doesn't change but there are always great daily specials. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming

Owen Sound, Canada
“Great lunch, a perfect place for a business lunch!”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Ambiance, fresh food with great flavor, a server that was attentive; these are my memories of Norma Jean's. It has a friendly environment that can only be considered casual fine dining. I take groups through Bruce County with my tour guiding company "Natural Happiness Tours," to travel to wonderful locations, and afterwards we always look for the best places to eat. In Owen Sound, this is one of them.

My clients had a "superb roast beef" as they described it, and I tried an oven baked locally caught fish. The service was great, and the food was right on par. I would suggest this restaurant for anyone visiting Owen Sound.

Justin Skultety -Natural Happiness Guide

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank Justin S
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
“Always Good Service & Delicious Food”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

This cozy little restaurant has been in operation for years under the same ownership and management and you can always expect a great atmosphere, delicious food and excellent service.
My partner and I along with his son who was home from Calgary had dinner there on November 9th and it did not disappoint us. My partner's son also has eaten at Norma Jean's many times when he lived in and around Owen Sound so we usually make a point of going out to dinner there at least once while he is home visiting.
Our server was friendly with a bright smile and very attentive. For starters we had a Spinach Salad with blue cheese, mandarins and pears topped with a strawberry vinegraite and it seemed a little jumbled, Escargots with cheese that were melt in your mouth and my partner had a caesar salad. They were all well prepared and a good way to wet our appetites.
For our main I had one the daily specials, pan fried perch, roasted red potatoes, and a summer blend of vegetables that were cooked to perfection and still had a crunch to them. I had ordered the garlic mashed potatoes but I did not tell our server that she had made a mistake as the roasted potatoes were very tasty. The perch was good but a little overdone and the breading they used on the outside did not crisp up. Nevertheless the fish was still quite good. My partner had the Pork Tenderloin also one of the specials. It was very tender and not overdone and he ate every single bite ... that speaks for itself. He chose to have their home made fries that are always good and not too greasy. His son ordered the chicken stuffed with cream cheese, avocado and spinach. It was a little overdone on the inside but the skin was nice and crispy. It was served with rice tarragon perfectly done and the nice fresh summer vegetable blend.
The servings were perfect ... not too little and not too much ... I do not like an overloaded plate. To me that is unappetizing.
I finished off my meal with a Monte Cristo coffee which was very well made. I would recommend that anyone in the area should have at least one meal at Norma Jean's. It's known to all the locals who have been hanging their hats there for years.
Keep up the good work ... your restaurant is wonderful.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Summerpls
“Consitently Good Food”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Having had many meals at Norma Jeans, I can say I have never had a bad experience. While some dishes have not always been to my liking, it is not the fault of the chef. Yes, even after the post-flood reno, I still feel it needs an update, I always come away satisfied. Update the bathrooms and tables, and you would have a 5 out of 5.

• Visited October 2011
12 Thank Artie1
Fredericton, Canada
“Not bad”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The meal was slow arriving. We ordered a seafood pasta, which had a good taste, though the quality of the seafood left something to be desired - shrimp were tiny and fake crab. Not spectacular, but not bad!

• Visited October 2011