“Wonderful dining experience”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Last weekend my husband & I did not feel like cooking, so we strolled over to Nathaniel's for a bite. We sat at the bar, ordered drinks, and perused the menu. I ordered the mussels and my husband ordered the steak & seafood. When our dinner arrived we just had to take photos - everything looked and smelled amazing. The mussels were fat and juicy - to die for! - and came with yummy garlic toast. My husband's dinner was just as good - we shared! We have eaten at Nathaniel's several times for both lunch and dinner, and have yet to be disappointed in any way. The meals are always great, the staff is wonderful, and the desserts are sinful!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to this restaurant for 10 years. We have always enjoyed the food and service, but tonight was exceptional. Best meal we have had in a long time. One of those times you savour every bite, and hate to see the clean plate. We had fresh mussels, Greek salad, and tomato feta chicken that melted in your mouth. Add to that a charming atmosphere, great wine and an attentive, friendly staff, and the evening was perfection. Cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank 4evermoores
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I ordered the large size filet mignon med well, but the steak was very overcooked and not at all tender the way a filet should be. I asked for sauce and ended up generously adding HP to make it work. Not sure why I didn't send it back - probably because I was quite hungry and just wanted to eat. The veggies that came with the meal were nice; the potato portion was very small. Waitress was very efficient albeit not particularly friendly. The strange thing about my bacon wrapped filet was that it was about 1/2 the thickness of a typical filet and almost twice the normal diameter. It was almost like the food had been processed and shaped somehow differently - perhaps for faster cooking? Our table was fine and the atmosphere was okay, but I did not enjoy my meal. Oh, they poured a generous glass of Australian house wine, which was nice.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

If you have a special event that you wish to celebrate, this is a restaurant to consider. The service is impeccable, the tables set nicely with fine linens, and the food is presented well. I had chicken stuffed with spinach and feta with a garlic cream sauce - excellent. Cesar salad was on the tart side - would prefer more creamy. My wife`s garden salad was excellent - recommend it. Four of us had 2 good bottles of wine; 4 salads; 4 garlic bread (complimentary); 4 entrees - $170 plus $20 tip. Pricey, but worth it once in a while.

It is a small house-like restaurant right downtown. The tables are close together, but positioned so that you can have some privacy. We were celebrating 2 of our birthdays - complimentary large slices of cake for each of us at the end of the meal - nice. Try to reserve the table for 4 by the window. There is also a table for 2 by the only other window.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

We explained our dilemma, it was 6.30 and we had theatre tickets at the Roxy in an hour - could they accommodate us? They were gracious and said yes, they thought so - and indeed they did. We both had a pasta dish, with a basket of divine garlic bread (hot and fresh) to munch on while we waited and sipped our wine. Next time we will go and have the full experience, but this was great - fine food, lovely service!!