“Go for a hike” 4 of 5 bubbles

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Go for a hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

There are so many different places to see... go follow some trails and have an adventure. Up the river, down to the bottom of the falls, through the trails over the bridge, it's all fun and different at every turn.

Visited August 2012

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful for fall colours”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

A very friendly, helpful staff person greeted us at the gate. Gorgeous scenery, and a lovely spot to view the fall colours. We really enjoyed the hiking trails, although the trail to Harris (or is it Harrison) Park is closed.

Visited October 2012
Kitchener, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Beautiful!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Wow - so glad I took a wrong turn and found this piece of heaven. Nice place to go for a walk, take photos etc. Just at the top of the hill at the city's edge

Visited October 2012
England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The cost of parking for the short time we were there. Apart from the waterfall, there wasn't a lot to see in this area, just a walking trail through the tall trees.

Visited September 2012
toronto
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“beautiful cascading falls well worth the climb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

This was our last stop of our day trip little falls tour. There was an easy access at the top that provided a distanced whole falls view. My better half and I attempted to climb to the falls' bottom via a quasi-hidden rock crack. This narrow crack in the rock would be a tight fit for large folks. The steps like rocks would be very slippery and ankle wrenching in the rain. So don't bother going down to the bottom if the weather is not dry. My wife jumped down from a rock and felt a lot of pain in her ankle on landing. After that, she headed back to the top. Proceeding on, you are rewarded with a natural rock channel with rock walls 20 to 30 feet straight up on both sides. After that near the bottom is the river flowing from the falls. There are multiple paths one can take to either side of the falls from the bottom. I attempted to follow some young folks to the left side of the falls. I was doing fine until they took off their shoes and waded into the water. I didn't want to get wet and so I tried to climb to the right side of the falls without first retracing my steps. The under brush got very thick and I lost sight of the right side path. Luckily I heard some kids on the path above me and I managed to find a small hand to foot hold through a hole in the trees and brush. Moral of this? Don't be lazy and just walk a bit extra and retrace one's steps. It is far easier than the shorter way of climbing through thick brush. Once on the foot path, there were a lot of loose rocks to pick through in order to avoid a painful ankle twist. Then one would have to negotiate past a slope of loose gravelly rocks to get the bottom third of the right side of the falls. Once there, one is rewarded by many picturesque views of this wedding cake like falls!

Visited July 2012