“One of our favourite restaurants in Owen Sound”
Review of Taj Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Taj Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our restaurant offers Authentic Tandori Cuisine. With many lunch specials, an extensive menu of cultural dishes, and fantastic dinners and takeout options, you can try some of the best Indian Cuisine in the Region. Our head Chef and owner Milah, used his 20 years of experience to create our menu that has famous indian dishes like "Butter Chicken, Lamb of Beef Vindaloo, Shrimp Curry, Chicken Madras, Tikki Masala, and vegetarian specialities such as Mixed Vegetable Curry, and Vegetable Korma's. There are well over 30 items to order from, and our customers have raved about our wonderful food, and the reasonable prices!"Taste Authentic Indian Cuisine"
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I don't live in Owen Sound but, every time I am there, I try to stop in to the Taj for a bite to eat. The specials are always delicious and well priced. I love the little pots of chai tea. We recommend it to everyone who expresses an interest in Indian food.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Well located, small, seemingly clean, decently appointed place with little parking options.

We bought dinner Mid June 2014, price above average and with food taste average.

Staff was nice.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The food is good and came in large portions. The owner, Miah, is originally from India but has lived in Canada for many years. He is talkative and seemed genuinely happy to speak with everyone in the restaurant. At $12 the dinner special was a great value and there's a small selection of local craft beers; if I return to Owen Sound I will return here.

1  Thank Tim H
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I LOVE the Taj Indian Restaurant in downtown Owen Sound. We are Indian food fanatics and this is one of best casual dining/take out Indian restaurants we've been to in Ontario! My husband is from London, England and they really know their Indian food. This is the one take-out food I would bring home and serve to company (and have!) Love everything, from the samosas to the chicken korma, vindaloo dishes, and vegetable dishes like the spinach and potatoes (saag aloo). Quality tender meat in delicious sauces. Excellent every time.

2  Thank Gail G
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We were on our way home and stopped in Owen Sound for dinner. We tried 3 dishes, a vindaloo, a korma, and a vegetarian dish loaded with chick peas. All 3 dishes were great! The man who owns the place is very personable and friendly.

2  Thank 242PaulS242