“Wow, Amazing Food for Dine in, or Take-out!”
Review of Taj Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Taj Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our restaurant offers Authentic Tandori Cuisine. With many lunch specials, an extensive menu of cultural dishes, and fantastic dinners and takeout options, you can try some of the best Indian Cuisine in the Region. Our head Chef and owner Milah, used his 20 years of experience to create our menu that has famous indian dishes like "Butter Chicken, Lamb of Beef Vindaloo, Shrimp Curry, Chicken Madras, Tikki Masala, and vegetarian specialities such as Mixed Vegetable Curry, and Vegetable Korma's. There are well over 30 items to order from, and our customers have raved about our wonderful food, and the reasonable prices!"Taste Authentic Indian Cuisine"
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had heard that this Restaurant was one of the best in Owen Sound and possibly in Grey/Bruce Counties. We had been told that the food was amazing and that the takeout was certainly worth the drive because the dishes are relative masterpieces.

Now, we expected great food because locals obviously had chosen this as a city favorite, but we where pleasantly surprised by the cost and the service!

Now, it is on main street, so its a great place to have lunch when visiting some of the stores downtown. We had been Shopping, and we wanted something different then what the coffee houses offer, so we made our way over to the Taj.

We where greeted by the delicate smells of Indian spices in the air, and a warm smile from the owner "Miah," who obviously knew what he was doing!

I had to try the lunch special and I spotted that Butter Chicken was on the menu. Now, i have to add that I love this dish, and I have even bought the spices and I have made it myself before, but I was thrilled at what I received!

I was handed a sensational Butter Chicken, perfect rice to mix with the creamy sauce, a very tasty Samosa, and some Nan bread that was recently heated on a grill, or in an oven.

I loved it!

My girlfriend is a vegetarian, and she went for the vegetable curry, rice, and it also came with a samosa, and Nan bread. Now, she is very particular, and has been a vegetarian for over 17 years, so she knows her veggie cuisine. The verdict?............Awesome! Smiles, cheek to cheek, and a promise to return!

I fully recommend the Taj Indian Restaurant, and will return again.

Justin Skultety- Natural Happiness Tour Guide,& partner!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Since opening earlier in 2012, have visited the Taj several times (never often enough!) and love the service, value and of course the food.
My favourites on the menu are the Baigan Bhartha and Pakora. Also really like Channa, Korma, samosa's...well pretty much everything on the menu.
Very very happy to have the Taj in Owen Sound !!!

TandoriChef, Manager at Taj Indian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

I am very pleased you enjoyed our food, and by your response, I can tell you really know about Indian Cuisine! Thank you, and come back soon!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We’ve eaten here on several occasions and frequently drive 45 minutes just to get take-out. The food is incredible, the service is friendly and helpful; we’ve never been disappointed. The chicken korma and the vindaloo are two of our favourites. I highly recommend the Taj to anybody.

Wow! Thanks for the repeat business and the referral! What a great review! Your words really made my day!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Yesterday my husband and I found this terrific spot while doing errands in Owen Sound.
We both LOVE Indian cuisine. Since leaving Montreal last year, we've really missed our Indian food fixes so we are thrilled that the Taj is now on the Bruce Peninsula.
I had the Daal Tarka and Doug had the lunch special - Chicken Korma. Our meals were awesome. We also ordered the Garlic Chilli Chicken to take away for later.

In a word, the three dishes we had were "Yum". Maya, the Owner and Chef, does a great job with the food, making his patrons feel welcome, and the prices are reasonable.

We are both so excited that the Taj is now in town and will be recommending to our friends and guests! If you're in the area, do visit them!

Check this place out today!

We are tremendous pleased that you enjoyed your experience, and you really picked a great dish, we are proud of our Chicken Korma. Thanks for welcoming us to the region, and we will keep dishing out great food!

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I ate dinner here.
The selection is great and the owner Miah is very friendly and personable.
I had lamb vindaloo which was excellent as was my nan bread with coconut and spices. My wife had a vegetable korma dish which was just okay - we'll skip that one next time. Her Chicken Biriyani was perfect. Atmosphere is funky Indian (not fancy at all - low budget). Not sure if they have a real tandoori oven.