“Great value and location.”
Review of Owen Sound Inn

Owen Sound Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here for our friends wedding this past weekend. The rooms were comfortable, the owners are super friendly and the value can't be beat. A short distance to downtown and local arenas. Highly recommended if staying in the Owen Sound area.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank ghard1

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Inn was very good. It was far beyond our expectations and it had out done itself in every way. The inn was very clean, organized and had a homely feel to it. The Service was excellent due to the staff who helped us through our stay in every aspect. The inn has the highest point in the city which gives us the best view of the sunset (must see feature). The rooms were very clean and I would definitely recommend you stay here if you are in the area

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Neelam S
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at the Owen Sound in, for 2 nights, in early June. The room was clean. The TV was better then expected, and the shower had good pressure. The best part? The linens were clean! They smelled clean. They looked clean. They felt clean. I don't care about whether I've got 1000 channels. I don't care whether I have a heated towel mount, in the bathroom. I care about clean sheets.

Hotels like this, are designed for last-minute stays; or, at most 1-3 days. The staff were incredibly polite, and I enjoyed my stay. Would recommend to anyone.

My only complaint, was the lock on the sliding door, didn't work. However, there was a security bar; and I certainly had no worries regarding any break-ins.

Room Tip: Talk to Shiraz, at the front desk...he will provide you with a room to fit your needs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank timwithonem
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We just spent a week at the hotel and we were very happy with our stay. We had a team there with 10 rooms booked. In comparing prices to other places in Owen Sound at the time, it was very reasonably priced. Very clean and well kept. The staff was extremely freindly and helpfull. Any thing we needed they took care of, use of their bar-b-que, areas in back for team socializing and even giving us rides around town, prior to us picking up rental vehicles. I would certainly stay here again, if evr back in OWen Sound. Thanks Aman and Neet, fo a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during a snowstorm and was very nervous as I was alone. The room had a strong smell of some type of spray. It didn't have a phone and the door wouldn't lock. I was offered a different room which smelled much worse so stayed in my original room. I have stayed in 2 other hotels in Owen Sound which were given lower ratings and can't understand this as one was beautiful with a large continental breakfast and the other more average but still better than this one.
I will definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank nerfnerf
Neet D, Manager at Owen Sound Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

This reviewer has chosen to hide behind an anonymous name and provide the following incorrect information about our property:
1. Room did not have a phone: All the guest rooms are equipped with a phone;
2. Door did not lock: This is scenario is impossible at our property because in addition to the door locks, we have dead-bolts on the doors and they lock the doors without fail;
3. Smell of spray: We take note of the fact that some of our guests may be allergic to perfumes and fragrances. As such we have a no fragrance policy for the rooms.
In addition, the reviewer has laid bare his bias and most likely a family/friendly connection with another motel in Owen Sound by being offended by our better rating on this website. This anonymous reviewer has put up a review after 8 - 10 months of his/her alleged stay to provide incorrect information about our property and offer unsubstantiated praise of our competitors.
If this anonymous reviewer has ever stayed at our property we would request him/her to provide the date of stay along-with the room number and his/her name. This would allow us to review our records and rectify any short-comings at our end and provide better accommodations and facilities to our guests.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My Partner, Darryl and I stayed for a night at the Owen Sound Inn. around mid July. We had just got in after a very long ride on the Harley and the weather was really Hot! We were welcomed in by our Gracious Hosts, Aman and Neet. We were made to feel right at home and although it is nothing really fancy, it was clean and comfortable. Our hosts are of East Indian decent and I decided to inquire into any Indian Food restaurants in town, as both Darryl and I absolutely love Indian Food. Aman was very helpful in giving us some information but decided to make us a meal himself! Unbelievable! It was delicious and they brought it right to our room. I was so surprised that they went to that extent to make us comfortable. Aman is a very interesting gentleman to talk to as he spoke with us at length on many subjects, from food to culture. They were so nice to us and he even gave me a cold beer! Darryl does not drink but water was flowing as was the conversation! We got home and sent them some of my strawberry jam and some hot sauce for his efforts at being such a great cook! We consider these nice folks friends! I would recommend staying here anytime if you are looking for an economical, clean and nice spot on your travels near the Bruce Peninsula. There was even a lovely continental breakfast and fresh coffee for us in the Morning. They out did themselves and we really enjoyed our stay. We hope to see them again! . Thank you so much! Sincerely, Lesa Johnston from Kingston, Ontario

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lesalynnjohnston
anglewoody, Owner at Owen Sound Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Lesa & Darryl: There is a saying in the east-indian culture that people in the journey of life can be broadly divided into two categories:
1. Garbage & Night Soil Carts: these people go about their life in an unhappy state of mind and try to dump their unhappiness on everyone along the way. They try to fixate their problems on external factors and spread unpleasantness along the way; &
2. Flower Carts: Just like a flower cart moving on the road, these people bring cheer and joy to all the people around them by their fragrance, beauty and good vibes. You my friends, are perfect examples of the flower cart group.
People like you make it worth being in the hospitality business.
We know that we have many shortcomings as human beings. Thank you for ignoring those and finding the good in us. Similarly, we acknowledge that our motel is not the most luxurious in town but, as you put it very aptly - "an economical, clean and nice spot". Again, many thanks for appreciating what our property offers.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

In reading the other reviews I thought I would take a chance. Turns out this was a mistake. The office staff to be sure are friendly and helpful. However the room was terrible. It had that musty covered up with too much Febreze smell. The shower curtain had black mold spots. The refrigerator was unplugged but the door was closed - and you know what that smells like. The sliding glass door handle lock not only didn't work, it wasn't even there. And behind the hotel the view was of a broken down BBQ and two discarded rusting propane tanks - not pretty and probably not safe.

Awful!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GRemington99
anglewoody, Owner at Owen Sound Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear GRemington99:
I have checked the room records for the last 3 months and note that we have not had a guest with last name Remington during this time. I also note that we had a guest from Waterloo, Ontario within the last 10 days and it is possible that the same guest may be writing this post under a false guise. However, it is difficult to believe that because that guest was accommodated with an early check-in and a late check-out. Also, this guest was friendly and would have definitely pointed out any shortcomings at our end at the time of check-out.
However, I will still respond to the issues raised in your review:
1. Cleanliness: At the Owen Sound Inn, we are proud of the clean and comfortable rooms and beds that are provided to our guests. We have a rigorous and timely schedule for room cleaning. I have checked all the rooms in the Inn and did not find any mold spots on any shower curtain. These curtains are cleaned after each check-out and replaced regularly;
2. Refrigerator: The refrigerators in the rooms are cleaned and unplugged after each check-out. The door is left open after each cleaning. It is possible that the refrigerator door was closed inadvertently or due to the rush of air due to the sudden and forceful opening of the room door;
3. Staff: Many thanks for your kind remarks with respect to the staff.
Also, thank you for taking the time-out for writing this review and pointing out our short-comings as perceived by you. We will continue to follow our rigorous standards for house-keeping and cleanliness and try our best to live upto the expectations of our valued guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#1 of 4 in Southampton
Waterview on The Bay
Waterview on The Bay
#1 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to Owen Sound Inn? Share your experiences!