“Don't Go Here!”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Owen Sound, Canada
“Don't Go Here!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Be warned, this motel while cheap, sucks. I am from out of town here on work and booked this motel after viewing the website online.

Firstly when I arrived the owner was nowhere to be found so a man sitting on the front porch, after a yelling match between him and who I assume was the 'grounds keeper,' gave me a key to a room.

When I got to my room I was nearly knocked over by the smell of cigarette smoke even though there is no smoking in the rooms. It was bad enough that I went out right away and bought a bottle of febreeze. The smoke smell was strong enough that the febreeze extra tough didn't eliminate or even mask the smell. The tv didn't work, and the 'free' wifi worked great for 10 minutes then was sketchy at best.

At one point, the occupants of the adjacent room began smoking marijuana. The smell of it filled my room and didn't dissipate for quite awhile. During the night I saw 3 separate drug deals in the parking lot literally 10-15' from my room.

When I was in the bathroom the next morning getting ready for work I noticed something in the doorframe when I looked in the mirror. I turned around, looked up and observed a 6" long folding knife stabbed into the top of the door frame....

I showed the owner and promptly checked out, I lost out on 3 days worth of the cost of the motel, I booked for 5 days and checked out after 1 night.

You've been warned!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank outdoors_al

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Nothing fancy, but clean and comfortable with a good shower. Rooms have a a fridge and microwave -- great for leftovers. The heating was a bit erratic, but it was easily fixed with a call to the front desk. Overall, an excellent value for a no-frills stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
#5 of 10 in Owen Sound
Waterview on The Bay
Waterview on The Bay
#1 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to Travellers Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!