“Very Good Sushi”

Yummy Yummy
Ranked #25 of 102 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Japanese and Thai Cuisine
Windsor Ontario
“Very Good Sushi”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've been here 2 times now and both times were great. The service is good, the sushi is very good and the prices are quite reasonable. The portions of sashimi were pretty large for the price and the rolls the same.

• Visited August 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Meh”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you want sushi, I'd recommend the restaurant. It was fresh and everyone was pleased with their meal. The thai however was lack luster - I ordered the pad thai but it was more like chinese food than it was thai - I was very disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
Detroit MI
“I'd eat here again”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

On the whole, we liked this place. Good service, good prices, mostly good food. For some reason, we had the impression from earlier reviews that Yummy Yummy was a casual takeout/lunch place with maybe a small dining area, so we went there with our three-year-old. Turns out the place is more of a formal sit-down, quiet restaurant; if we had known that, we wouldn't have gone there with a three-year-old. However, she was reasonably well-behaved, so it turned out all right. The waitstaff was pretty attentive, and got us our food quickly (all the courses at once), so kudos to them for making it a nice experience.

As for the food, we liked their pumpkin soup and the salad we got. The miso soup, spring rolls, and fresh rolls were perfectly fine, although a bit on the bland side. We got some sushi that was distinctly average-to-disappointing: the California roll was dry, and the avacado was starting to brown. However, that was a small part of the meal, so I'd certainly eat here again.

• Visited July 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Great sushi and sashimi”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I ordered the sushi and sashimi dish...when it came out I thought there's no way I can finish that...but it was so yummy I couln't stop till I had devoured the lot!

Visited June 2012
Ontario
“We're not Sushi experts ... BUT”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We have only tried a couple differnet Sushi restaurants... but this one is very, very good. Have been there twice now, in about 3 weeks. Both times enjoyed everything we ordered. Our sons daughter is a VERY picky eater, she ordered the teriyaki chicken, came with mushrooms/zucchini mixture, and rice, and she ate all of it. My son ordered a roll, and we didn't care for it ( can't remember the name). The names I can remember are, the Dynamite roll, Alaska roll, Green dragon roll, BBQ eel, spring roll ( appetizer). Reasonably priced and always fresh.

• Visited May 2012