“Very Disappointed”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Waterloo, Canada
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We just returned from the travelodge in Owen Sound. We booked a couple days in advance for a mini-holiday at Sauble Beach. We booked on the monday for a Wednesday check in and requested a roll-away-bed as we have 3 children. The gentlemen that registered our stay was very nice and told us that it would be no problem for the roll-away-bed. I called on the morning of our check in to let them know that we would be checking in late and that if they could have the roll-away-bed ready in the room it would be appreciated. The girl at the front desk told me it was request only and would not confirm. I called back 2 hours later and she still did not know but would see what she could do. I left the reservation as is due to no availability in the area. We arrived at 10 pm at night with 3 tired children. I asked at the front desk if the extra bed was in the room but the girl did not know. She told me to look in our room. There was no extra bed, no extra towels and no extra blankets. The staff was very unprofessional and no effort was taken what so ever. The room was dirty and the bathroom was disgusting. The blankets given to us after I requested at the front desk had stains and cigeratte burns in them. One of my children had to sleep on the floor. To top it all off there was several baseball teams partying during the night and in the halls inbetween our room. We had to call the front desk 3 times until the noise settled down after 1:30 in the morning. I was not impressed with this hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank dlog48

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
toronto
Reviewed April 1, 2008

I am not sure why some people gave bad reviews. Maybe in 2005 it was old looking, but I just went there the past weekend and I was really impressed. The whole motel was newly renovated with great size rooms. Me and my family went down for a hockey game and I was happy. The service and rates were great, I really enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. The lady working in the morning was really nice and was very helpful. The man working in the evening was really funny and helped us take our bags to our rooms which was surprising. I will be coming back for sure. I recommend this place to everyone.

• Liked — I really think that the quality of stay is great for the price and service is great.
  • Disliked — There was no weightroom, but its a motel so I cant complain
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Alex_Toronto_SC
Michigan
Reviewed May 28, 2007

We stayed here for the Canadian Tandem Rally. Overall the place isn't fancy, but our room was decent. There was one nasty glitch, in that a towel was hanging on the back of the bathroom door. The towels had obviously been replaced, but the room attendant hadn't bothered to notice that one.

While we were there (3 nights) the room was made up promptly and the linens were clean and in good shape. I should note there were some mildew spots on the caulk in the tub, though not large and disgusting ones.

Front desk service was friendly and helpful, too. They did a decent job of serving our group breakfast in the meeting room, but we did run out of coffee on Sunday morning for too long.

From prior reviews I thought it would be a terrible place, but it was very serviceable for the price.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank Nanner08
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2005

I would not stay there again if they paid me. After I left, I even had a charge on my bill for 2 tickets to France. Hadn't used that card for a long while previously, trip to France booked on Travelocity, and I really question their security with names, numbers and above all personal information i.e. addresses. Manager assured me they have systems in place, but the timing was very suspicious. I changed rooms twice to get one with internet access, and even then it was iffy.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Owen Sound hotels

Guelph, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2005

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. Did not care for the room for the following reasons...
-gave us wrong room key
-when we arrived the room had not been cleaned even though we arrived 2 hours after check-in time
-cobwebs in room, room stunk, room appearance was very disappointing
-continental breakfast was not good, very sparse
-overall atmosphere -----
Did not enjoy our stay whatsoever.

• Stayed July 2005
#1 of 4 in Wiarton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton

Been to Travelodge Owen Sound ON? Share your experiences!