“Decent place”

Travelodge Owen Sound ON
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
BURLINGTON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Make sure you check if there's a hockey team in the hotel before you book it. The room doors are thin and hallway noise is a problem.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Brampton, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I checked into the Travelodge with my boyfriend on Saturday, October 6 as we had a family party to attend. The hotel was fine - old, a little dingy, but what you would expect from an aging establishment. They did allow us to bring our dog, which was nice. It was once we checked out that I was flabbergasted by how truly AWFUL this hotel is.

I forgot a scarf and a sweater in my room and contacted the hotel a day after checking out. The staff member working informed me that they had found my scarf, but she was unsure about the sweater. That was fine. A tad frustrating as I knew I had taken them off and left them together, but fine. The next day the Manager, Nancy, contacted me and left a voicemail stating that "We have seen your sweater, but the staff member working last night must have removed it from housekeeping.” She told me that she would find out where it was put and ship it to me along with my scarf once I provided them with my credit card information. Since then, I have contacted the hotel six times by phone and three times by e-mail. Another staff member, who told me the Manager was not in, stated that "Even if we did have your sweater once you've left here it isn't our responsibility." Also, in an e-mail by someone named Alyssa - who seems to think it is appropriate to speak to customers in capital letters (she did so many times in her message) - it was said that "We will do what we can to find and return it, however, on the registration card signed at your arrival, there is a disclaimer at the bottom stating that THIS ESTABLISHMENT WILL NOT be responsible for loss of money, jewelry or any personal valuables of any kind. This means that there will not be any compensation for the misplaced item if its not located." Why thank you Alyssa, I didn't know this to be a hotel rule. But in all seriouness, I understand that. It would be fine if they hadn't told me they had it in the first place.

Two weeks later and the Manager finally just now e-mailed me. Now that's service!

Seriously, if you value your stuff then do not stay here. Unless you have a safe or something. If I were you I'd just stay somewhere else for $120 (!!!) a night to avoid the headache and disrespect.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.