“nice clean good value”

Travelodge Owen Sound ON
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Reviewed September 26, 2012

i decided to stay here for a change to my normal spot.........just to see what the heck.
it was all good, convenient, clean, tidy, good price, breakfast. i would stay again for sure.
internet work zero problems....could park right at sliding door, which i love.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel was good, all I was expecting. I slept good and the rate was good.

No extras would be only thing- but thats expected (being $40 cheaper than Best Western-Inn at the Bay), forgot my toothbrush and front desk was all out & coffee cups were small styrofoam cups.

Overall it was as comfortable as Best Western and service was excellent, both front desk staff members were excellent.....I normally stay at Best Western but found their staff to be a bit snobby

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank guest1Brantford
Reviewed September 7, 2012

PRICE. We stayed there for two nights on the Labour Day weekend and paid ~$130 + tax per night (with some discount for the second night). A little overpriced, I would say (I’ve seen better hotels for less money), but it was a long weekend, and everything within 20 km had been sold out, so we didn’t have much choice.
My rating: 3.5 out of 5.

CLEANNESS. The room and bathroom were clean and renovated. However, a couple of things spoiled the overall positive impression: the air conditioner controls had a thick layer of dust on them! It looked like no-one had wiped them since last year! Also, there was some sticky stuff on one of the bedside tables, as if someone had spilled coffee on it. If I had called in staff to clean it I’m sure they would do it, but we were too tired and lazy, so I simply washed my hands after setting the AC :). By the way, the AC was very old, but not too noisy and, most importantly, it did its work.
My rating: 4 out of 5.

BEDS. Two queen beds for 2 adults and 1 toddler – that was generous! Someone wrote about bedbugs: thankfully, we didn’t see them. The linen, pillows and blankets were clean. And so was the bathroom.
My rating: 5 out of 5.

BREAKFAST. Could be better. Tea, coffee, boiled eggs (the first morning only!), yoghurts, muesli, buns, juice, etc. Vegetarian’s paradise! What I liked most was a waffle baker – you make your waffles.
My rating: 3.5 out of 5.

SERVICE. We didn’t see much staff, but the receptionists were helpful and very friendly. Probably kitchen service at breakfast could be a tiny better.
My rating: 4.5 out of 5.

PARKING. Free. Enough space even when all rooms are occupied.
My rating: 4.5 out of 5 (it would be 5 if they had an underground garage – I just don’t like leaving my car outdoors; I guess most people would give them 5).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AndreyToronto
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We reserved a king room with a jetted tub on the phone with the 800 number since our calls locally went unanswered. When we arrived we were told the king room had a regular tub. This was not a big concern of ours but the front desk (lLisa Marie) reduced our rate any way. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was a bit soft from wear and the wall mounted air conditioner that is still in older hotels was right beside my head. So it was too warm without the a/c but cold with the a/c so we needed the blankets that were too warm. All in all staff was friendly and our overall experience was fine. We would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The room was good, the staff were friendly. The overnight came with continental breakfast which was ok - could always be improved. Need wheat free options for breakfast and protein selections. The place is a little dated in the rooms - please fix the loud air conditioners. The Travelodge booking site did not indicate that there would be an extra charge for pets - $20 - which is a little steep given that the room was $125.99 - which it was not worth.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Was excited to book accommodations at this property on March 5, 2012 for the Summerfolk weekend. Wanted to book well in advance because accommodations can be difficult to find for this popular event. That's why I booked early. On August 1 - 16 days before the start of Summerfolk - I received an e-mail from them to say my reservation was cancelled. The e-mail indicated that I had cancelled it. I phoned and spoke with a desk clerk as well as a manager who gave me different reasons why they had cancelled my reservation - one had to do with a softball team and the other to do with musicians being booked and the excuse that my reservation should not have been accepted in the first place. Needless to say, I was upset. Neither of the employees of the property gave me a satisfactory explanation as to why the e-mail indicated that I had cancelled the reservation when I had not nor any offer of some kind of remedy to the situation. Very shabby treatment indeed. Won't book at this property again and will recommend that anyone else does not do so not just for this popular event but at any other time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 3432cats
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed one night July 3 family of five. Everyone REALLY friendly and helpful. Hotel front desk called room of offer another pillow! Old building but clean and impressed with continental breakfast! hot waffles, eggs, bread, bagels, cereals, lots to choose from!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
22 mi away
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton

Been to Travelodge Owen Sound ON? Share your experiences!