“Not family or team friendly at all ... Brutal service”

Quality Inn Owen Sound
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
“Not family or team friendly at all ... Brutal service”
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Rooms weren't ready, rooms dated and dirty. Staff inexperienced and rude. Police were called at 8 pm because hockey parents were having a casual beer in the hallway. Don't recommend at all. Worst hockey hotel ever.

• Stayed November 2011
4 Thank Burlhockeymom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Rooms were not ready at check in. Rooms were dirty, beds un made and bath rooms dirty! Hotel accused us of being liars when confronted about problems. Old food left in the fridges and prices were doubled for special events. Staff very unorganized and unprofessional! Would strongly advise against staying here!!!! Very out-dated hotel!!! Dirty dirty dirty!!!!

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank hockeytravell

Travelers are raving about these Owen Sound hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We had a nice , the staff was wonderful !,the rooms were clean and comfortable, food was great!, and the hotel is in a convenient location. We will be back. ~ Cheers

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 1, 2011

This was my first time to Owen Sound and I chose the days inn because i had stayed at others before. The room was clean, beds comfortable,and the swimmng pool was an added unkown bonus.The front desk staff recommended Harrison Park and the Roxy Theatre amoung other things to do. We will definately stay here and tell everyone we know how we were made to feel at home while there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
JamieHeimbecker, General Manager at Quality Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, October 7, 2011
Thank you for your review of our hotel, I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you stay with us on your return visit to Owen Sound.
Kincardine, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Recently I had to attend to a medical procedure in OwenSound and reserved at Days Inn.
They did give me a special rate because of this and they did give us a room that facilitated my little dog we had to bring.I thank them for that. The clerks were professional,tho I was unable to get the desk to answer the night prior to arrival to confirm my reservation, nor while I was there to report a truck left their lights on. The room stunk of swimming pool chlorine which permiated the whole place. The one bed had a foot long gash in the box spring which was not fit to sleep in in my opinion, no comfortable chairs to sit in and a TV that surely was 20 years old and the whole place was excellent likely 30 years ago but now seems to be in need of being torn down. A chunk of concrete fell off the building at my feet while I walked to my car.We got no sleep,,the heat wouldnt work and the air was putrid. NEVER AGAIN. Days Inn you can do much better in your building, frankly I was shocked

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Lumierist
Huntsville, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We were booked into room 202, beside an exit door and hallway. There were groups of people constantly banging the door to the hall, stomping down the stairway and standing outside our window noisily talking drinking beer and smoking.
I called the desk and informed them of this and the reply was that it happens because these people think that it is a smoking area. So, they were aware of this when we were given this room. Upon leaving in the morning, we noticed the area outside our room was littered with beer cans, beer bottles and butts.
If you were planning on sleeping, find another hotel, or at least another room.

Room Tip: Do NOT let them book you into room 202!
Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank snapdab
JamieHeimbecker, General Manager at Quality Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for reveiwing our hotel, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Certainly, the circumstance that you mention is very isolated and in fact the area is not used as a smoking area. We have a designated smoking area away from the building. Making Front Desk aware of this situation was the right thing to do and it is my hopes that they were able to explain to these guests that they must return to their rooms as they are bothering other guests. We hope to have you stay with us on your return visits to Owen Sound
Toronto, ON
Reviewed September 18, 2011

This hotel feels very old due to carpet, beds, etc. and starting to show it's age. I was excited to have access to a weightroom but upon inspection most of the equipment was, "out of order". Luckily the men's sauna worked and the pool looked great, although I didn't have time to jump in. My room was large and the wireless Internet worked for surfing. The next time I visit Owen Sound I will try one of the other hotels for comparison.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank SpencA
Thank you for the review of our hotel, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations, we are currently working on updating many aspects of the hotels, including our rooms. We hope that you will give us another chance on a return visit, and make time to swim in our newly installed Saltwater pool.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#2 of 10 in Owen Sound
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton

Been to Quality Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!