“Let's just say YUMMY!”

Dragonfly Cafe
Ranked #8 of 103 Restaurants in Owen Sound
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Breakfast spot a favourite of locals, almost don't want to give away this secret, but their food is excellent and their service great, they totally deserve the recognition!
Simcoe, Canada
“Let's just say YUMMY!”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This was a great restaurant.

They serve all day breakfast so I had eggs Benedict. The hollandaise sauce was really yummy, not too thick, not too runny, not too salty, just right.

The restaurant also makes fresh bread everyday so you have a choice of a few. I had the cheese bread at it was so good.

My husband ordered a burger which he loved and onion rings. He didn’t really like his onion rings because he’s used to the out of the freezer ones that most restaurants use. These onion rings were homemade and very very good.

The only thing I didn't really like was the first booth we sat in was really uncomfortable. The bench was so short that your butt was slipping off the front of it (and our butts aren't that big). We switched to a table that had chairs and were much more comfortable.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Norfolk_10

St. Catharines
“Almost Too Good to Share!”
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is my favourite breakfast spot in the Owen Sound area.So much so, I debated sharing this with everyone, because I didn't want to give away the secret!

This is a small, family-run cafe. They just added a patio and the east wall is all windows, so it's a great place to enjoy a good meal on a sunny morning. Expect to wait for your table and don't plan to be in and out. This isn't fast food. The wait is absolutely worth it though. Lots of food and everything is always super fresh. The bread is baked daily at the European Bakery Cafe in Owen Sound, and you can expect to choose from at least 5 different kinds. The Maple Syrup is real and made locally. I think the jam may be homemade also.

The French Toast, Greek Omelette and Olde English breakfast are my favourites!

Just don't expect breakfast and coffee for under $5, it isn't cheap breakfast but it's worth every penny!