“Excellent B&B with friendly and helpful management at a nice location”
Review of The Highland Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Owen Sound
The Highland Manor
Ranked #1 of 5 Owen Sound B&B and Inns
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent B&B with friendly and helpful management at a nice location”
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We stayed at the Highland Manor Owen Sound for 3 days in July 2010. It is located on the high ground sourrounded by trees and is about 10 minutes walk to downtown.
We had The Fleming Room on the second floor.

We love everything about the place. It is really a Grand Victorian mansion with 12 foot ceiling. The room is very spacious, clean and nicely appointed with many paintings on the walls. The bathroom is modern. Fleming Room has 6 very tall windows.

We have stayed at many B&Bs from BC to Nova Scotia and places in between and in the UK, Holland and Italy. Highland Manor is among the best few.

Linda and Paul were very friendly, helpful and pleasant hosts. I recommend this B&B without any reservation. It is a very comfortable place to stay.

Tip for safety: don't rush walking down the paved walkway to downtown. It is a pleasant walk among the trees but it is rather steep.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I spent three nights at Highland Manor and could have stayed longer. Linda and Paul treated us like royalty feeding us wonderful breakfasts, great coffee, sharing stories and giving us tips of what to see and do in the area. The house is beautifully decorated and very peaceful. It was a retreat from the hectic pace of life - an oasis so to speak. I would recommend it to anyone but especially to those who treasure history and the grandeur of a Victorian Mansion.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed April 22, 2010

If you are looking at this review, then you are considering a stay at this B&B. Don't hesitate! There is nothing this place lacks, in comfort or in atmosphere. Although the house is filled with memorabilia from bygone decades (and centuries!) it is unobtrusively modern in all the ways we expect. Furthermore, the couple who operate this establishment are just so comfortable to be around; they answer questions, chat, tell jokes, and make great breakfasts. I discovered the Highland Manor by accident but now consider it a destination; next time I go back, I'm going to use one of those wood-burning fireplaces!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Kitchener
Reviewed November 29, 2009

As a female sales representative travelling alone, safety is important to me and I feel safe here, I feel "at home". Paul and Linda are excellent hosts and make sure you are comfortable and content. I used to stay at another hotel and when they were fully booked they recommended the Highland Manor, I haven't been back to the other one since. I was hesitant to stay at a B&B thinking I would have to share a bathroom and the place would be old and musty smelling. The Highland Manor is granduer, it is a step back in time with its architecture and decor. It is clean and well maintained. It has charm and embiance you won't find in a hotel. Each room has it's own bathroom which is spotless and everything smells fresh and clean. I HIGHLY recommend the Highland Manor to anyone!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Burlington
Reviewed November 6, 2009

I travel for a living and have to say this is one of the nicest places I have ever had the pleasure of staying. Rare do you find a place while travelling for business that is this wonderful. The wood burning fireplaces, amazing linens, large quiet rooms, wireless internet and the most incredible breakfasts in the world!!!!!!! Need I say more................

Paul and Linda are incredible host that have had me continue to return year over year.

Enjoy the experience

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
New York
Reviewed September 10, 2009

To give you a brief background - my husband and I are in our late twenties/early thirties and travel quite a bit. We like Bed & Breakfasts only when there is something special about them. We live in downtown Toronto and love the urban life but every now and then need to get away.

Last weekend (the Labor Day weekend 09) my husband and I managed to get a last-minute room at Highland Manor (thanks to a late cancellation) and spent 4 days there. The B&B is absolutely gorgeous and each room has a distinct personality in keeping with the classical style of the manor. We stayed in The Ross which had its own little balcony. The house feels warm and inviting thanks to Linda and Paul who do such an amazing job of taking care of their guests. Right from the breakfasts (which are absolutely decadent) to details such as chocolates everyday – we felt gloriously spoilt and indulged. Since we didn’t know much about Owen Sound or Tobermory, Linda gave us directions to some wonderful places such as Sauble Beach and Big Bay. I highly recommend a stay at Highland Manor. It revitalizes your senses and your soul.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Channel Islands, UK
Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed at the Highland Manor for two nights whilst on tour exploring the area of Ontario. Linda and Paul make one feel very welcome and gave us lots of advice on where best to visit and eat. Paul was also extremely helpful in phoning around various stores for my husband who had left his computer power cable behind in our last accommodation, many thanks Paul! They both go beyond their call of duty to help one out. We stayed in the Buchanan room and although it was advertised to me as ‘cosy’, it was really lovely and spacious. Unfortunately, we had very wet weather on our visit so couldn’t make use of the garden veranda, but a plus is the communal fridge to chill a nice bottle of wine in :) Overall a very welcoming and comfortable home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Wiarton
Owen Sound Inn
Owen Sound Inn
#4 of 10 in Owen Sound

Been to The Highland Manor? Share your experiences!