“Wow , what a cool place”
Review of The Highland Manor

The Highland Manor
Ranked #1 of 5 Owen Sound B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Wow, what a great find. I was traveling through the area last week and came across this incredible place with absolutely fabulous hosts. The house is very big,very clean and very interesting. The history of it is fascinating. If you are into old century buildings,you will want to budget a bit of extra time to look around this place.We had a very nice big room with a good quality mattress .It was very nice. Paul and Linda let me put my motorcycle on the front lawn for a photo,which I have already emailed to all of my friends to highly recommend this beautiful place. David Thomson, Newmarket ont.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David T
There are newer reviews for The Highland Manor

Reviewed July 8, 2012

A gorgeous and huge old Victorian home wonderfully restored and full of charm and character.

The price is high for a B&B in our experience but it's a high-end place and certainly the nicest B&B we've been to.

Linda and Paul were marvelous hosts.

The home is on top of a big hill so walking to downtown is easy but walking back would be a whole different story. Plan on driving if possible.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Only a few hours from Toronto and close to the Bruce Trail, or en route to Manitoulin Island, we found an ideal relaxing place to spend a night that will become a anchoring B&B for further visits, after searching for something other that a hotel. With only four rooms, discuss which you prefer with Linda to ensure you have the one you prefer. Ours was the Moore room - extremely quiet and comfortable. Linda and Paul were meeting other guests on the patio when we arrived and we shared some Highland Manor wine and great conversation - Linda was quick with a great suggestion and reservation for for a restaurant and made sure they were ready and waiting for us; Paul described the story of how they acquired the 1890's place, some of its history, and the genesis of the antiques spread throughout. Breakfast was prepared early for us as we had to catch a ferry so we could only enjoy pancakes and coffee. Friendliness is what one gets in a B&B, rather than the impersonal atmosphere of a motel and we wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Chat with Linda
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We had such a lovely time with terrific hosts who gave us so much personal service including many suggestions for Owen Sound and also for the rest of our Canadian holiday. Having never booked accomodation online before, we were a bit unsure if we might be disappointed, however the caliber of Linda and Paul's abode was excellent. The attention to detail in each of the rooms was superb and the breakfasts were scrumptious. We felt like really special guests thanks to our hosts hospitality.

Room Tip: The Bridal Suite was absolutely superb in so many ways.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This beautiful house is located in a dead-end street among plain bungalows. Garden is large but by no means immense, so you're not remote from it all. The price is on the expensive side, even though the decor is superb. Breakfast was ok but by no means what one would expect when paying almost 200 a night. What makes this place outstanding is the warmth of the couple owning this B&B.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hholbein
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I had a Trade Show in Owen Sound earlier this month and needed to make a reservation. Having stayed in Owen Sound before and never been that impressed with the hotels I checked tripadvisor thinking I might even have to stay somewhere close but out of town.

Luckily, I came across the Highland Manor. I normally don't stay in B&B's. I've tried a couple but never was that impressed - until I found this beautiful property. In town, but on a quiet steet.

Where do I begin. As soon as I pulled in I knew I found a great place. The room was great. Very spacious and the mattress was truly the best mattress ever!

Breakfast was incredibly delicious. Two great breakfasts and no offense to my wife's cooking but I wish the show was longer so I could eat there a couple of more days.

I saved the best for last. Linda and Paul. Absolutely, wonderful people who truly cared about your comfoft at their place. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I spent three nights in Owen Sound as part of our Georgian Bay vacation. Linda and Paul were genuinely warm and welcoming, offering great hospitality and exceptional breakfasts. Their knowledge of the area was extremely helpful to us. As other reviewers have said, we felt as if we were visiting old friends. The house is gorgeous, of course, and the huge rooms take away that "I'm staying in someone's personal space" feeling that comes with some B&Bs. We have already recommended Highland Manor to friends and will continue to do so without hesitation.
Dennis & Sandra, Winnipeg

#1 of 4 in Southampton
Travelodge Owen Sound ON
Travelodge Owen Sound ON
#8 of 10 in Owen Sound

Been to The Highland Manor? Share your experiences!