“just right!”

Comfort Inn Owen Sound
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Lovely place to stay - helpful, friendly service at the front desk, very clean and well-appointed room, and breakfast and parking included. My room a fridge and microwave, and a tub large (and clean!) enough for a bubble bath. GREAT VALUE HERE!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
KrissyOttawa, Front Desk Staff at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2010

TippyTourist, Thank you very much for posting a review about your stay with us here at the Comfort Inn in Owen Sound. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Please come visit us again soon.

The staff at the Comfort Inn Owen Sound

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Owen Sound

Reviewed October 16, 2009

Friendly helpful staff here, in what is a well run chain motel. Rooms are clean and perfectly servicable. Location on the edge of town.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This is your typical Comfort Inn. The rooms are clean and fairly updated. The TVs are the typical 19" models. The location is okay. There is a Tim Hortons next door, but you will have to drive if you want to dine out.
They do have drive up rooms at this location. This is the main reason I stay at this location. It allows you to upload your luggage easily.
The Best Western in Owen Sound is a nicer hotel, but you will pay an extra $30 - $40 a night to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 20, 2009

from the moment we drove in the front parking lot I knew I wasn't going to be happy. My wife has allergies and the dust in our room and the lobby was enough , that I had to search out a drug store in a strange town to fill her inhaler prescription. The room was cold, there never was any heat come out of the heater, just a minimal stream of coolish warm air, we had to wear socks and sweaters to bed, not very romantic! We will not be back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2008

The room was quite sketchy. There were some sort of liquid stains on both chairs. The room was damp and musty. We asked to change rooms and we were told the air purifier would fix it. After 3 days the air purifier was finally applied. Apparently this device is quite high in demand. After staying 3 days we tried to cancel the 4th day at 1pm in the afternoon. My wife and I were back and forth to the hospital waiting for our newborn to be released. Fortunately our newborn was released a day early but comfort inn general manager stuck to the policy by the book and would not allow us to cancel in less than 24 hours notice. The hotel was booked solid full and they only needed to call house keeping to clean the room. I arrived on the scene at 3:30pm and the housekeeping had left for the day. Not possible to cancel for sure now.... I asked if I payed for the housekeeping to come in would that be suitable. No because they have to pay for 3 hours of housekeeping time. I said I would pay for the 3 hours but then they changed their story to we can't call in housekeeping because they only work to 3 and that is it. So anyone wanting housekeeping after 3pm can basically forget it. I was so upset. Probably the most upset I have been at a customer service type thing in 10 years that they would take advantage of a an exhausted mother and her newborn. It almost seems cliche to be writing this but I kid you not this all happened.

Bottom line this place is a dump with a manager to fit the bill. No compassion what so ever. It's really too bad because they are really exploiting the good name of comfort inn at this location in Owen Sound.

Various contractors that I have worked with have told me Travelodge and Best Western are good in Owen Sound. I was not smart to take this information into account when choosing a hotel in Owen Sound. I blame myself for that.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoelRMiller
Reviewed September 4, 2008

Having read the other reviews that deemed this Comfort Inn the number one choice in Owen Sound, I was willing to give it a go. The girls at the front desk were checking me in at the same time as another gentleman, who was quoted the price I saw online, whereas I received a higher price quote. It turned out it was due to the fact there would be two of us staying in the same room - which I have to admit I think is rather petty of the Choice Hotels chain. It teaches people to lie and say there's only one person staying in the room. Anyhow, the girl helping me was very apologetic, and I told her it was no problem. The strangest thing is that she specifically told us the best place to park, and it was absolutely the furthest spot from our room.

The room itself was pretty average. The only thing that delighted me was an absolutely fabulous deep bathtub - the best I'd seen on my week-long road trip. I went and bought bubble bath just so that I could enjoy it.

Overall, it was a decent place to stay. I doubt I'll ever pass through Owen Sound again, but if I did, I would probably try to plan ahead so that I wouldn't have to settle for the Comfort Inn at the last minute.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank On_the_road_again_19
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Comfort Inn in Owen Sound while visiting relatives and I must say it was an enjoyable experience. While there the staff took great care of us and we didn't have to ask for anything. The rooms were spacious and clean. We will definitely stay here again for the next family reunion!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
#1 of 4 in Southampton
Waterview on The Bay
Waterview on The Bay
#1 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to Comfort Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!