“Dirty, unkept, cleaned by 6yr olds. Enough said.”

Comfort Inn Owen Sound
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
“Dirty, unkept, cleaned by 6yr olds. Enough said.”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Checked in, went to room. Bed looked as if it was slept in... Head prints in pillow, sheets still had mattress cover prints in sheets.
Went back to front desk and got another room. Same thing with the next room with the addition of dirty floors and dog hair. We got the front desk clerk to come and see. She said this was like this all the time with no complaints and if we wanted to leave we could. We decided this was best. Then we went to Travelodge, got a bigger, cleaner room for 50 dollars less. If your thinking about this place, save yourself some time in thought and travel... Don't bother. Next!

• Stayed September 2011
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Jsca777 thank you for your pleasant review of our hotel Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We at Comfort Inn strive to go the extra mile to make u feel comfortable. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and helpful staff. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Toronto
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We decided to stay at Owen Sound after a road trip to Sauble Beach. The cost is a lot more affordable at Owen Sound than Sauble Beach, and it's about a 30min drive. The room is clean and also have a fridge and a microwave. The bonus is that we went to East Side Marios for dinner and we got a 10% discount since we stayed at this hotel. Breakfast area is a bit small for a property of this size. However, there's no waffle making as stated in another review.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 1015286969
Thank you 1015286969 for your review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We are pleased to hear you found your room clean and to your liking. Our hotel offers a 10 % discount at a few local restaurants and we hope you enjoyed your meal at Eastside Marios I know I always do. In regards to your comment about us having a waffle maker I could not find the review you mentioned but we are currently in the process of upgrading our breakfast one of the features added will be a waffle maker. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay.
Connecticut
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I visit Owen Sound almost every year in August for the Summerfolk festival, and most of those visits have included a stay at the Owen Sound Comfort Inn. In a previous review, I said that it was not much beyond the basics, but that it worked for me.

I'm sorry to have to report that this place has gone down hill substantially since I stayed here in 2010.

I noticed a lot of maintenance issues that need to be addressed before I stay here again.

-- There were water stains on the ceiling of my 2nd floor room (#219), indicative of a roof needing repair.

-- The electronic lock on the back door leading directly to guest rooms was not working, a very serious security issue. Somebody had vandalized the keycard box that unlocks this door and it looks like they just removed the door lock instead of fixing the box.

-- There were water pressure problems in my bathroom -- it took forever just to fill a plastic cup with water so I could rinse my mouth after brushing -- and the sink faucet leaked if you twisted it too far to the right.

-- The TV in my room was an ancient analog model with a tiny screen, and the in-room microwave I remembered from previous stays was gone.

-- The grounds looked shabby with overgrown landscaping.

Overall, the place is starting to look like the numerous "no-tell motels" that line Highways 6 & 10 leading out of town.

If this doesn't bother you, then you might be satisfied. The air conditioning still works very nicely and the bed was fairly comfortable, but I see too much neglected maintenance at this property to justify staying here again. Owen Sound doesn't really have that many alternatives, but I think I might consider the Best Western next time I visit.

Also, when we first checked it I found that I had been assigned a handicapped room. It seems well suited to use by someone with limited mobility, but if you need an accessible room you will still have a problem getting in the building. There are curbs and steps to get over if you use a wheelchair, and I'm not sure if some of the doors to the outside are wide enough to accommodate a wheelchair.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you thirdshf for reviewing our hotel and bringing these issues to our attention. As far as we were aware our roof has no leak but we will be looking into the issue with the ceiling immediately. We are aware that the electronic lock at the entrance you mentioned is not working properly, a new part has been ordered and it will be replaced as soon as we are able to do so. We appreciate and understand your concern which is why as soon as it was not working properly we rush ordered the proper parts, unfortunately with parts such as these overnight shipping was not possible. Security is extremely important to us here at Comfort Inn which is why we have full surveillance 24/7 and our front desk staff does frequent property walk arounds to ensure everything is safe a secure. The lack of water pressure you mentioned at our hotel as I understand was an unforeseeable occurrence and we had no control over this. Owen Sound is booming right now with construction and unfortunately our water service was temporarily interrupted due to some road work they were doing outside of our hotel. Most of the televisions in our rooms have been updated to 32’ flat screens however we are still waiting for a few more televisions to arrive so there are a few rooms with older model televisions that we haven’t been able to switch over as of yet. We are extremely sorry you didn’t get a room with a nice television. In regards to your comment about our landscaping, without further detail I am unable to comment on this issue, we have regular lawn and garden maintenance and we get compliments from guests all the time. We are very sorry that it was not up to your standards. Our handicap room is accessible the patio entrance had a ramp and all the doors in our hotel will fit wheel chairs we have never had an issue regarding this. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention we welcome all reviews as we use them as an important tool to continually improve our hotel.

Travelers are raving about these Owen Sound hotels

Ontario Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This hotel was just 'okay'. Front desk staff was friendly, room was average, continental breakfast is always a plus. Bathroom was clean but the carpet in the room was sorely in need of replacement - multiple stains. I'm sure other guests, like ourselves, were not comfortable removing shoes which, in the end, just makes the carpet worse but no way I would walk on it barefoot!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you SMHOntarioCanada for your review of our hotel Comfort Inn Owen Sound. Our goal as a hotel is to wow guests with our service and our property. We are pleased to hear that you found our front desk staff friendly we are always willing to go above and beyond to help guests with anything they need. We are sorry to hear that the carpet in the room displeased you, we are in the process of upgrading all of our rooms and we would have gladly switched your rooms to one that was updated and to your liking. Thank you again for taking the time to review Comfort Inn Owen Sound we look forward to seeing you again
Toronto
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We visited Sauble Beach and wanted to stay overnight instead of making the three-hour drive home later that day, so we decided to stay in Owen Sound because the hotel prices were quite a bit cheaper and there was more vacancy available.
Check-in was very quick and efficient and the young man who helped us was very friendly. The hotel is your basic Comfort Inn. As long as the hotel was clean, I was a happy camper. Our room had two double beds and was on the second floor, which I preferred instead of having our room on the ground level. The room was clean, but the beds were not the most comfortable beds that I have slept on at other Comfort Inns. We were a little disappointed that the pay-per-view menu wasn't working on the TV, and apparently it hadn't been working for some time said the person at the front desk. Other than that, we got a decent sleep and the continental breakfast was pretty good. I had the waffles and was surprised how good they were! The only negative thing that happened was on the way out the front doors of the hotel when we left. My boyfriend was wearing a backpack and apparently someone at the hotel had just painted the doors white. There was no signs or anything and on the way out, his backpack got covered in white paint. We were a little annoyed that there were no signs saying, "wet paint", especially when these were the main doors to a hotel lobby. If we needed to stay overnight again, we might check out the other hotels in Owen Sound to see what they were like.

1 Thank SpecialK0900
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you SpecialK0900 for taking the time to review Comfort Inn Owen Sound. We are glad to hear your check in was quick and you found the hotel clean. At Comfort Inn Owen Sound we work extremely hard to maintain a clean and up to date hotel. Our beds are up to date but we realize that it is impossible to satisfy everyone’s individual needs and hope next time you stay the bed is more to your liking. Our movie system has been offline for some time but I can assure you we are working hard to get it back up and running. Unfortunately it is the company that provides us with this service that is responsible for repairs and during this season they are extremely busy and have been unable to help us with this issue. We are working to get it resolved a.s.a.p. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast in the morning everyone agrees our waffles are very good. Our continental breakfast is something that we are constantly making changes to so we can better fit our guest’s needs as we know it is a important part of everyone’s stay. We are extremely sorry that your backpack got paint on it. I spoke with maintenance regarding this issue he was doing painting that day and before taking the wet paint signs down he checked to see if the paint was dry he confirmed that is was. However this was obviously not the case and should have checked closer as it caused your backpack to be ruined I cannot express my apologies enough and we do appreciate your positive review of our hotel. We hope next time you’re in the area you will try us and give Comfort Inn Owen Sound another chance to put a smile on your face in all aspects of your stay
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel last weekend July8-10 and I must say this place is great. Our room was wonderful with no problems at all, very nice,clean and comfortable. We had a great check in quick and easy. It was busy at the hotel but still very quiet. There is staff there 24 hours a day. It was nice to see a smiling face at 1:00am that morning and then she was still there at 7:00am when we got up for breakfast and she was still smiling and very friendly she is a great person to be there to greet the guests first thing in the morning I think her name is Rachel??. Breakfast is good, can be a little tight squeeze if there are alot of people in the lobby but the coffee is hot and fresh all the time and the food is good. If you want a place to stay thats comfortable and clean with great staff this is the place to stay. I will be back

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerOS, General Manager at Comfort Inn Owen Sound, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you happydigits for your great review of our hotel. At Comfort Inn Owen Sound our staff works hard to maintain very clean and updated rooms and we are glad to hear your stay with us reflected that. This time of year is our peak season and often our hotel is full so we maintain a zero tolerance noise policy if someone is disturbing a guest the issue is taken care of a.s.a.p. We here at Comfort Inn Owen Sound have the friendliest staff and we’ll always be there with a smile. We are glad u enjoyed the breakfast we are constantly thinking of new ways to improve it and appreciate your comments. Thank you again for your pleasant review of Comfort Inn Owen Sound we hope to see you again in the future.
Windsor On
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I recently stayed here as my wife and I went to owen Sound On. Staff are very friendly and helpful. When checking in, one staff helped us bring our luggage to our room. We received contintal breakfast during our stay with a good selection of food. My wife get's a discount due to a connection she has with them, but if it wasn't for that, the price would be a little high.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#1 of 4 in Southampton
Quality Inn Owen Sound
Quality Inn Owen Sound
#10 of 10 in Owen Sound

Been to Comfort Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!