We stayed at the Best Western Inn on the Bay on the night of August 12th and picked the hotel based on looking at reviews on this site and looking at their Web Site. The price was higher than the other hotels in OwenSound but we thought it would be worth it. We were wrong!
When I booked the room they told me I could not reserve a room with a view of the bay ahead of time and of course when we checked in they said they had none left. This was disappointing seeing that this hotel charges extra knowing that their location and views of the bay are part of their appeal.
We checked in and when we arrived in our room it was ok but several things were not what we would expect at the rate we paid. The wallpaper was coming off of the wall in one section, the room smelled a bit "stuffy", and the biggest thing - the bed was awful! We couldn't believe that any hotel would equip their rooms with beds like this one. It was obviously very old and very well used - there was no boxspring, no support, and it was completely sagging!
We also noted that on the information card that was on the back of the door in our room it said the room rate was $10 less than what they charged us! When we inquired about this at the front desk when checking out they told us it was an error and weren't going to give us the lower rate until we pressed for it.
The other thing that people should know if booking this hotel is that it is located in an "industrial" section and a good walk from any restaurants or sights. The good thing is cabs charge a flat rate of $6 to go anywhere within the city limits.
The good thing I can say is that the continental breakfast was good and the morning waitresses were very friendly.
I wouldn't recommend staying here but can't recommend where to stay in OwenSound as we haven't stayed anywhere else. The price they charge just simply isn't worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Best Western Inn on the Bay hotel gives guests no shortage of pampering along with a fantastic location right on the shore of the Georgian Bay. Owen Sound is located where the Niagara Escarpment meets Georgian Bay so stunning views and fresh air are standard here. We're less than 10 minutes away from three beautiful waterfalls with hiking trails, so outdoor lovers and photographers have struck gold. This is one Bruce Peninsula hotel that never disappoints. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Best Western, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Inn On The Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Inn On The Bay Hotel Owen Sound
- Best Western Owen Sound
- Owen Sound Best Western
- Inn On The Bay
- Best Western Inn On The Bay Owen Sound, Ontario