“Lovely location”

Best Western Inn On The Bay
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this Best Western on several occasions for business. The rooms are adequate - quick and reasonably reliable Internet, quiet and clean. There is complimentary continental breakfast and the menu at the restaurant is ok. The location, right on the water, is beautiful. One drawback is that there is no elevator.
Based on my experiences I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jason H, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi Jane P,

I would like to thank you for your patronage with our hotel. It is great to hear that we are adequately meeting all of your needs for business travel and that you will continue to stay here. I did want to clarify that we do have an elevator inside the hotel. There are two main sections of the hotel that were built in different years. The original section of the hotel only has two floors and does have an elevator. The newer section has four floors and has always had an elevator with connecting hallways to the original section. I would assume that you have not had to stay in the newer section of the hotel and have not seen this elevator as a result. I would like to apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience during your stay. Someone should have informed that we had an elevator when you checked in. I will reinforce that with our front office staff.

Thank you again for your continued patronage.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Great view, nice room. This was the same room we booked 5 years ago, we decided to return for our 5th wedding anniversary. Resturant staff was awesome aswell!Breakfast was served quickly and hot, beutiful patio to sit and eat on. Room #465.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Mark J,

I am glad that you decided to return to our hotel for your anniversary. It is stories like your that make me happy to work at this hotel. The Jacuzzi suite you stayed in is certainly one of our best rooms and I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay here once again. We hope to see you here again in the future.

Thank you for your kind feedback.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at the hotel while we explored the area. Our stay was excellent. Great facilities warm and friendly staff. The location is excellent with a great walking trail (paved) along the bay and you can actually swim in the bay right beside the hotel. We used this as a home base while we toured the area. It is centrally located to Tobermory, Sauble Beach, Collingwood and Kincardine. We were touring in our sports car and found lots od great driving roads. We ate at an excellent local restaurant one night called Norma Jean's and the second night had a good meal at the hotel. The restaurant also includes a good sized patio.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Blayne M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the hotel and area. There is lots to see and do here so we do our best to provide a clean comfortable stay for our guests. I recommend coming to visit us in the fall to see this beautiful countryside when the leaves begin to change colour. It is a sight you would not soon forget.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our unit was clean and tidy and we had a great time with our family. The hotel is about 30 min away from Sauble Beach where we spent our days. It was a perfect destination to come and relax in a great environment after our busy days!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jason H, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi claire2012_12,

It is great that you could enjoy a nice quiet and relaxing stay in Owen Sound. We are so close to many natural attractions like beaches, waterfalls and hiking trails that it is easy to enjoy time away from a busy daily routine. I am glad that we could help you and your family enjoy your vacation and hope that you will return to visit again in the future.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Tastefully decorated if you were over 65. Upon entering hotel, instead being greeted, we just stood at the desk until the elderly staff looked up from their paperwork. Oh and then comes the paperwork where you have to initial a dozen boxes and sign your life away. Seemed a bit hostile with the many threats of what you shouldn't do and don't forget about the damage deposit that you have to leave. They must have a lot of problems because I've never had to do that before when I reserve with a credit card. Overall, from the perspective of the customer, you just get a bad vibe that you're not welcome there if you don't have grey hair like the majority of the staff. Definitely won't be back. I suggest that the managers take some updated courses on customer service and hotel management.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank AandP2013

AandP2013,

I am completely shocked that you were made to feel unwelcome at our hotel. I would like to apologize on behalf of our staff for that. We are often thought of as a friendly, clean and quiet place to stay so I will be reviewing our check in process to ensure that it does not suggest anything otherwise.

I should mention that most hotels complete a credit card pre-authorization or "security deposit" as part of standard policy. It is most common to complete this prior to the guest’s arrival using the credit card number provided with the reservation. The pre-authorization does not show up on credit card statements so guests are often completely unaware of the process unless there is an issue with the card. We choose to be transparent and have the guest authorize the transaction.

I am genuinely concerned that you left our hotel feeling the way you did. It is rare that anyone feels unwelcome at a hotel and I apologize for that. I do hope you would still consider staying here again when traveling to the area. I would be happy to look after your accommodations myself to ensure that you have the experience you deserve.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We recently spent two nights. On the second night, there was a wedding party going on on our floor. We complained and were given a free upgrade to a significantly better room with a view of the lake and a hot tub. Very pleased.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DanoOakville

Hi DanoOakville,

I am glad you were able to enjoy a quiet stay during a very busy weekend at our hotel in Owen Sound. Our employees genuinely care about each guest experience and are encouraged to do what it takes to make sure everyone enjoys their stay here. We are known for being a nice quiet place to stay so I hope that you will return in the future knowing you will be well taken care of.

Thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We have stayed at the Best Western in Owen Sound previously and have always enjoyed our stay.
The staff is friendly, efficient and the hotel well kept.
We are retired and find the hotel an excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jason H, General Manager at Best Western Inn On The Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Hi oldunc,

Thank you for your kind compliments and loyalty to our hotel. I am happy to read that you find what you are looking for in this hotel and notice the extra efforts put forth by our employees.

I look forward to your next stay with us.

Thank you again for your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Owen Sound
#1 of 4 in Wiarton
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton

Been to Best Western Inn On The Bay? Share your experiences!