“A lot of bang for your buck”

Knights Inn Owen Sound
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Owen Sound
Reviewed July 26, 2010

The stay was great there, With well maintained rooms that were clean The staff was very friendly and accomodating, mainly due to the fact the place is under new management, so the place has been recently renovated, Particulary the owner Sam who was very understanding provided us with extra pillows and mattresses free of charge which added a very personal touch not found in larger hotels, as well he provided locations to nearby attractions which are all very near to the motel. I am very pleased and looking forward to staying next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 19, 2010

My girl's soccer team stayed at the Knights Inn in Owen Sound for the weekend while attending a soccer tournament. It was a great place for the parents and players to hang out while not at the soccer field. Sam the General Manager took care of any of our requests quickly and efficiently. Thanks Sam it was a very fun weekend!
S. Gooding
Coach Tillsonburg Titans
U-17 Girls Soccer Team

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed July 3, 2010

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite. It was well decorated and quiet.
Pluses - jacuzzi tub, king sized bed, LCD TV on wall. The bed was very comfortable (good quality mattress), large room.
Minuses - no phone in room, no wireless internet in room, no wardrobe to hang clothes.
Summary - this motel is under new management and they seem to be taking good care of it. The regular rooms looks very basic, but clean. The owner, Sam, was extremely pleasant to deal with. If you're looking for clean, inexpensive, basic accommodation, this place is it. The cost of the honeymoon suite was equal to a regular room at a higher class hotel. I usually stay at much nicer places (Westin Hotels, Minto Suites etc.) but this time I just wanted someplace to spend private, quality time for our anniversary.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TechTravellerOntario
Reviewed June 13, 2010

When I walked into the room I was taken aback. The bed was absolutely wonderful. It was a huge bed with a beautiful bed spread and it wsa so comfortable. The jacuzzi wasn't as big as I thought it would be but it still fit the both of us. I enjoyed it so much I didn't want to get out. The other room we rented for a friend was wonderful too. The painting on the walls were so nice. Not to mention the big screen T.V in our room. I enjoyed my stay very much there. The staff gave me a nice laugh although I had some akward situations. All in all it was a pretty good stay and I may return again some day.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChrissySkyi
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Good budget motel. Hotel is older but has been maintained well. Room and bath was clean. Staff was friendly. Included continental breakfast of cereals, scones, muffins, juices, fruit, coffee and tea. We paid $60 for a double bed. (weekday)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2009

During a Canada trip my husband and I spent 1 night (thank God it were not more) at the Knights Inn in Owen Sound. We had a reservation for the room, so we had to show up, otherwise we would never have set a foot in this motel. It looked so unkept and dirty - so did the owner. The strong smell in the reception was breathtaking. Our room seemed to be at least clean but the furniture was very worn out and ugly. The mattresses of the beds were much to soft and uncomfortable - the sheets had spots on them. It was quite cold that night and the room could not be heated up to more than 65 degrees. We didn´t sleep much that night and were happy, when we got out of there in the morning (didn´t really want to shower there).

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
18  Thank attimaus
Reviewed February 12, 2009

My girlfriend and I go to Owen Sound to meet up with some old buddies once in a while. We were passing along this place and we saw that it had a new honeymoon suite with a jacuzzi so we decided to check it out. We checked in and when we got to our room we were amazed! There was a king sized bed with an LCD tv and a big jacuzzi! There was even candles inside. We had a wonderful night and we we're returning there this valentines day.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mortonroy14
#1 of 4 in Wiarton
Quality Inn Owen Sound
Quality Inn Owen Sound
#8 of 10 in Owen Sound

Been to Knights Inn Owen Sound? Share your experiences!