“Beauty by the Bay”

Cobble Beach Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: Acclaimed with awards from Golf Digest, Travel + Leisure Golf, Ontario Golf, Fairways and SCOREGolf magazines, Cobble Beach calls to mind the game's legendary seaside locations. Here is golf as it's been played for centuries: links-style, over fairways that run and tumble, to greens sited as though by Nature herself.
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My girlfriend and I, recently took advantage of the remarkable "Stay and Play" package at Cobble Beach. I should specify... I ventured onto the award winnning links course, while my gf opted for the "Stay and Spa" package. We got the best of both worlds, as she doesn't really Love golf, and was in need of a massage.

The views in the morning made us feel like we were in Scotland, with the deep fog rolling in, off the Bay. It was magical. I gained big bonus points for suggesting this Vacation.

The food was amazing, and reasonably priced. 5 star!!!

1  Thank skiergolfer777

Reviewed August 15, 2010

I recently attended a wedding at Cobble Beach. Although my parents live in the area, I had never been to Cobble Beach so I was looking forward to experiencing the high-end resort for myself. It's received all sorts of hype since opening in 2007.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed. The staff were unfriendly and the food mediocre. As wedding guests, we were treated almost as if we were second-class citizens. It was a VERY hot day, and although the washrooms were easily accessible through the nearby restaurant doors, we were required to walk around the building so as not to be in the restaurant while it was open.

Again, perhaps it was because we were with the wedding, but dinner was average at best. The whole meal tasted like it had been prepared earlier, refrigerated and heated back up to serve. The steak was tough and plain, while the mashed potatoes were chunky. The chicken was dried out, and the overall presentation was very plain. Dessert- shortcake with whipped cream and strawberries- was good, but it was a pretty easy dish you could get anywhere.

The bride & groom ordered bar food, including grilled cheese, for the late-night lunch. This is pretty hard to mess up, although the grilled cheese was soaked right through with grease and tasted as if they'd taken 2 slices of garlic bread and melted cheese between them.

I have to be honest, the experience might be very different at the restaurant, Sweetwater, but I was so disappointed with the treatment and food at the wedding (shouldn't weddings showcase your VERY BEST?), I will not be going back.

3  Thank SavvyHomegirl
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband and I recently spent 2 days @ Cobble Beach Inn on their "stay and play" golf package. The property (built in 2007) is part of a waterfront housing development in Owen Sound and approx 3 hours' drive from Toronto. The inn has 11 guest rooms, spa and fitness facilities and an excellent restaurant called "Sweetwater". We found everything to be tasteful and cosy. Our room had a comfortable queen bed, soft comforter and beddings. The golf course was challenging but scenic. What impressed us the most was the service both at the inn and pro shop, every staff member that we encountered was very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

The resort is still new and clearly trying to establish itself as a destination so rates are reasonable especially Sunday through Thursday. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank Stylishtravel
Reviewed May 4, 2009

I arrived at Cobble Beach and stepped into another world. The gracious buildings are set on a huge lake that gives the place an authentic outdoorsy and otherwordly quality. I'm not a golfer - I was with golfers - but found plenty to do, both walking the property and luxuriating in the Spa. The glorious Rose Clay Wrap treatment nearly put me to sleep and I felt the good effects for day aferwards. The real corker was the food, which is superb and affordable! The chef, who has great imagination and skill, uses local ingredients that we appreciated. Delicious!! This is a top notch resort - very impressive.

Reviewed December 30, 2008

Cobble Beach is one of those places which has combined location and experience to create a gem in southern Ontario. The choice to build a links course fits perfectly with the winds coming off of Georgian Bay into Owen Sound. It's a feel that golfers can rarely feel outside of Scotland. The course is challenging, but variable tee boxes give beginners a shot at the beast. All holes overlook Owen Sound/ G-Bay and both finishing holes run alongside the water (put that driver back in the bag).

The Inn was a perfect compliment to the golf. The food services could cater to 100 when the Inn can only hold 50 (roughly) so you were never without good service. The food was excellent and willing to cater to special requests. The wine was good, but I only drink cheap stuff anyways, which they had. The high ceilings in the rooms make for a 'grand lodge' feel. The jacuzzi, sauna and spa (women) also make for great relaxing. Overall, the Inn felt more like a lodge and made for the most comfortable get-away.

1  Thank ebarni