“Must play for Ontario golfers”

Cobble Beach Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: Acclaimed with awards from Golf Digest, Travel + Leisure Golf, Ontario Golf, Fairways and SCOREGolf magazines, Cobble Beach calls to mind the game's legendary seaside locations. Here is golf as it's been played for centuries: links-style, over fairways that run and tumble, to greens sited as though by Nature herself.
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Recently went to Sauble beach for a 3day golf weekend with 3 friends .Played Sauble Beach was a nice course,Then we played Cobble Beach for 89$all day golf with a cart .Absolutely beautiful the course was immaculate greens were fast. People were very friendly and very helpful.If your a golfer this is in the top 5 courses in Ontario to play.

1  Thank kevinshuttleworth
in 18 reviews
"clubhouse"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've been to Cobble Beach twice, once for a New Year's gala and again for a Christmas Party and overnight stay.

Both times, the food was good, but not spectacular. When we're talking 7 to 9 course meals, my expectations are high. It was just okay... nothing memorable or even really adventurous, just your standard pretentious fois gras, tiny filet, etc.

For that reason, I don't really recommend going just for a meal. It's crazy expensive for what it is. You're really paying for the name behind it.

With that said, the name behind it is Cobble Beach and if you have a chance to experience the hotel there, do it. We stayed in the bridal suite (the room with the tower you can see from the main road) and it was AMAZING. I did see some of the other guests rooms and they were all classy, clean and comfortable looking.

Overall, the property is spectacular and the food is priced for that, even if it's not quite there yet.

1  Thank Miranda M
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a lovely getaway place with a wonderful Doug Carrick 18-hole golf course. I did feel a little seasick from the spongy fairways and greens, but the course is in great condition and the holes on Georgian Bay are stunning. The clubhouse is very handsome and the guest rooms are quite luxurious - except for the view. There is a large white wedding tent set up for the entire season which blocked my view of Georgian Bay and anything else that was there. So if you are going ask for a room that does not look over the large white tent.
The menu was quite good for dinner, varied and tasty.

1  Thank Mary Frances S
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Once a year my wife and I treat ourselves to a Cobble Beach round of golf. Most beatiful course we've seen. THEN we have lunch at Sweetwater.The food is awesome and the price is reasonable considering where we are (right on the coast of Georgian Bay). My only concern was that the waitresses (seems like there were only two) had some trouble keeping up with their tables and we waited long spells between visits from our waitress. No question we'll be back next summer.

1  Thank Bill K