“A Course Worthy of a Special Trip”

Cobble Beach Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: Acclaimed with awards from Golf Digest, Travel + Leisure Golf, Ontario Golf, Fairways and SCOREGolf magazines, Cobble Beach calls to mind the game's legendary seaside locations. Here is golf as it's been played for centuries: links-style, over fairways that run and tumble, to greens sited as though by Nature herself.
Edmonton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A Course Worthy of a Special Trip”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I am an avid (understatement really) single digit golfer who has played courses throughout North America, all the Hawaiian Islands and Great Britain and Ireland. I won't get carried away and say Cobble Beach is the BEST course I've played.....but I would certainly say it stands comparison to the best and was a thoroughly enjoyable experience from beginning to end. The course is layed out on rolling land above Georgian Bay which provides beautiful views and enough elevation change for some truly challenging holes. The greens were immaculate and speedy (stimping at 11). The conditioning was wonderful. The style is kind of faux links....though the turf is spongy rather than firm and you can't really run the ball up. Not many trees and really strong bunkering for the most part though it does dip into the forest in a few spots. While the entire course was solid the back nine is one of the best I can remember.....strong holes one after the other. It was a good challenge for me from the blue tees but my 82 year old aunt (she can still hit it 150 mind you) had fun from the front tees and didn't feel overwhelmed.

The service is friendly and efficient.....a small town feel but highly professional. I am a frequent visitor to Bandon Dunes (Oregon) and though on a smaller scale this place has a similar feel. If I lived in the Toronto area I would certainly make the 2 hour drive up here at least once every golf season. Being from Alberta I am going to look at some of the other allegedly strong courses in the area (Raven and Georgian Bay Club) and consider organizing a trip with friends.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank splotchya

Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bring camera and lots of balls”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is an absolutely beautiful course with some incredible scenic spots, but bring lots of balls as there is plenty of nasty rough and ball eating water hazzards. Greens were in good shape but much faster than I was used to. definitely not a good course to walk.

Visited June 2012
Port Elgin
3 attraction reviews
“One of the best in Ontario”
Reviewed June 27, 2012

One of my favourite courses to play. Great facilities and great staff in the pro shop.

Mississauga, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Love this place!!! The chef creates the most amazing food, they offer great service, beautiful scenery & the most comfortable pillows!!

Visited February 2012
Oakville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Cobble Beach. We stayed in the honeymoon suite, which was beautiful, spacious and very welcoming. We each played two rounds of golf on the Carrick designed course and loved the Georgian Bay views from each hole.
We loved all the food as we sat overlooking the 9th and 18th holes. The staff were ALL so friendly and accomodating.
I would highly recommend Cobble Beach- you will not be disappointed.

Visited June 2012