“Great service”

Ranked #6 of 62 Restaurants in Parry Sound
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have had breakfast at Trappers Choice a few times and it is always very good. They will do your order exactly how you like it. We always ask for well done crispy bacon and they oblige.
The waitresses are very polite and friendly and always give excellent service.
Once we went for dinner and were slightly disappointed. It was ok but certainly nothing exceptional.
Again, great service and friendly hospitality but the food was marginal and nothing to rave about.
I would highly recommend this place for breakfast and considering what the other choices are in town, it is fine for dinner as long as you are not expecting anything special.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

It wad a long drive on a cold day. We weredriving from Sault Ste. Marie to Pickering. It was time to eat and we saw the highway billboard so we decided let's try Trapper's.

It was warm inside; the air, the atmosphere and indeed the staff. Cozy place.

I kept it simple and just hsd a burger and the soup of the day. Thete burger was nicely cooked with nice, fresh toppings (how do they do that november in ontario). Even better, the soup of the day was beef noodle. I didn't ask but I am quite certain this was not something they bring in by the bucket from some spplier. Soup was exceptional, like your mother would make. I would return. Next time I hope I am not driving so I can have a beer.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stopped here for lunch while driving through the area and since it was close to the highway we picked this place. The parking lot was full and there was waiting line to be seated. All good signs? Well according to a lady standing in line behind us who lived in the area, the reason for the crowd was the fact that it was the only restaurant in that area of town. Actually she and her party decided to leave before being seated and wished us well. Not a good sign after all. The service was good and the food not to bad but nothing to rave about. The big thing that stood out was the prices on the menu. We split a standard corn beef sandwich and ordered only water as we were travelling and wanted a lighter lunch. The only thing that ended up being lighter was my wallet. One sandwich with a few wedge fries and no drinks came to $10.95 + tax + tip added up to $14.37.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have visited this place over the years and it has really lowered it's standards. May have been a bad day. The waitress did not listen to our order and mixed it up. The food was not hot and flavourless. We will not be returning.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family has been eating here for years so thought we'd give it another go. The food was average. Had chicken fingers and fries to be safe. Chicken was overcooked, but fries were nice.