“Worth checking out”
Review of Richards Coffee

Richards Coffee
Reviewed August 26, 2014

It might be easily overlooked especially if you're used to going to chains like Tim Horton's but the coffee is decent, the sandwiches are tasty, the daily soup options offer some great variety and the pecan tarts are out of this world. Light buttery flaky pastry contains the sea of sweet syrupy goodness within. Another bonus: the bathrooms are always clean.

1  Thank Halyna K

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Every time I go to/from Toronto, we always stop here. I especially like the date cookies but even moreso, I love their large slices of tasty cheesecake made on the premises. Soups are delectable and we often take an extra egg salad sandwich (on fresh homemade bread) with us for later that day. I'm salivating just thinking about their food. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank MomDtr
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I stopped by here on our way up North to visit some family. I had the potato soup with the special and my husband had the squash soup with a turkey wrap. The wraps are made fresh right infront of you and the soups were both homemade as well. Which is a nice change from the prepackaged soups at Tim Hortons. This little gem seems to have a great selection of home made goodies to choose from, I had a maccaroon and my husband had a piece of coffee cake. They were both delicious and highly recommended! Our service was a little slow since there was a bus in at the time, but still very pleasant. Our only complaint was the lack of wifi in the building as I was trying to write this review.

All in all, a great place for homemade old fashoned style food as an alternative to the greasy fast food next door!

- Monica H

1  Thank Miss_H-traveller
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I was very impressed by the restaurant since it caters to diabetic customers. I had a piece of their diabetic cake, and it was superb. Thanks for caring about us.

2  Thank RITA C
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were passing through Parry Sound on Labor Day 2013. Most restaurants were closed for the holiday. We found our way to Richard's Coffee, which is located in the local Bus Terminal along with other eateries. The prices were very reasonable, the waitresses were friendly and the fare was all homemade. The portions were generous. The atmosphere was relaxed.

We had soup and sandwiches. I had the Cauliflower Cheddar Soup along with a large raisin biscuit and my husband had the Chicken Vegetable Soup and a roast beef sandwich. The soups were outstanding. I particularly enjoyed the Cauliflower Cheddar Soup. The roast beef sandwich was made with thick slices of homemade bread. We bought a slice of butterscotch cream pie and a ginger cookie to take along back to the hotel.

We liked Richard's Coffee so much that we ate there again in the morning. My husband had an egg and cheese bagel and I had a cheddar biscuit and coffee. Again, the homemade quality was superb. The coffee was excellent. We bought a sticky bun and a slice of walnut bread for the road.

I highly recommend this restaurant both for its high quality food, its friendly staff and its reasonable prices.

3  Thank Jolene B