“Satisfactory pub style restaurant.” 3 of 5 stars

Memories Of Muskoka
Ranked #16 of 58 Restaurants in Parry Sound
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Satisfactory pub style restaurant.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Okay food. Very poor service this visit, though it has been fine in the past. Not enough wait staff. Or family with very young children near us waited an unreasonably long time for food.

• 3 of 5 stars

Bowmanville, Canada
“Terrible wings - Poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went to this restaurant last night. I ordered the one pound of wings -big mistake, just exactly like one other reviewer said -the wings were so tiny there was no meat on them. Big disappointment. Thank goodness I had ordered a salad with the wings and my husband shared some of his fries or I would have left totally hungry! The service was poor, the table next to us was served before us and we had been there long before them... once we received our orders, we really didn't see much of our server again..... Until we received the bill. Very disappointed.

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jentina
Aurora, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Going Downhill...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have always liked this place and made a point to stop there. I dropped in the other day and ordered my favourite Chicken Wings. What I got I could not believe. There were 10 pieces in the basket but about 5 or six of them were actually half of a Chicken wing. It was a small broken bone with a piece of chicken about the size of a dime on it.

I never said a thing but the waiter came over and said they were really small and he was ordering more. About 10 minutes later 2 wings that were also really small came out. This was a real joke.

In the past, the Chicken wings were large and fantastic. If anyone from Memories reads this stuff, I would be pleased to pay a few bucks more and have a quality meal. Now I am kind of turned off this place and it will be a while before a drive out of my way to go there. By the way, I ordered Onion Rings and they were spectacular !

1 Thank Richard A
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food near Parry Sound”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Last Friday we went to the Memories of Muskoka restaurant located on Lake Joseph Road about 20 kms south of Parry Sound, Ontario. The building is not attractive and is quite neglected for appearance. The inside is old cottage decor with antique tools and utensils hanging on the walls. The recently renovated washrooms are hillbilly style, you have to see it. I ordered chicken breasts with asparagus and a salad. They took a long time to prepare it and other tables which came in after us got their food before us. My daughter-in-law said that was because they were preparing our food fresh. She was right. The waiter asked if they could substitute broccoly because they were out of asparagus. I agreed. They brought our table order together. The meal was absolutely scrumptious. I will go back there for sure.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank rapidwrambler
Toronto, Canada
“Ok food,Slow and poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went for Sunday brunch. Took almost an hour for our food to arrive. The eggs Benedict was good but the potatoes that came with them were very salty. Staff was friendly and helpful when asked something but never checked in while we were waiting to see if maybe we wanted coffee refills while we waited or during the meal if everything was ok.

Visited June 2013