WINNER WONDERLAND

Memories Of Muskoka
Ranked #18 of 61 Restaurants in Parry Sound
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Good food near Parry Sound”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Last Friday we went to the Memories of Muskoka restaurant located on Lake Joseph Road about 20 kms south of Parry Sound, Ontario. The building is not attractive and is quite neglected for appearance. The inside is old cottage decor with antique tools and utensils hanging on the walls. The recently renovated washrooms are hillbilly style, you have to see it. I ordered chicken breasts with asparagus and a salad. They took a long time to prepare it and other tables which came in after us got their food before us. My daughter-in-law said that was because they were preparing our food fresh. She was right. The waiter asked if they could substitute broccoly because they were out of asparagus. I agreed. They brought our table order together. The meal was absolutely scrumptious. I will go back there for sure.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rapidwrambler

Toronto, Canada
“Ok food,Slow and poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went for Sunday brunch. Took almost an hour for our food to arrive. The eggs Benedict was good but the potatoes that came with them were very salty. Staff was friendly and helpful when asked something but never checked in while we were waiting to see if maybe we wanted coffee refills while we waited or during the meal if everything was ok.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank rands23
Toronto, Canada
“first visit & I will return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

By chance went to this restaurant this weekend for breakfast- our usual place has closed :(. Waitress not very friendly- why are waitresses so nasty/unfriendly with other women???. But the food was very good - a step above the usual roadside diner. Had eggs benedict and steak and eggs - perfectly cooked, yummy red potatoes. Maybe just need to sit in another section for better wait staff....

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank baileyheyes
Barrie, Canada
“Wish We Lived Closer!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Memories is the kind of restaurant that you just can't wait to get back to. Good food. Generous portions. Great variety. Friendly staff. This restaurant lives up to it's name! We have great memories of Memories of Muskoka!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank snowbirdwannabe1
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

I haven't been to this restaurant in many years, simply because it used to be a hangout for local rif-raff. I still can't comment on the evening crowd at this time. However, on the suggestion of a friend, I cautiously agreed to go for breakfast. I was very pleasantly surprised. Although the decor hasn't changed, the food has certainly improved with the new ownership. I had the memories breakfast with hollandaise sauce and it was one of the nicest plates I've ever had. The bacon however, was overdone. The potatoes were home fries with onions and very generous portions. coffee refills were frequent, service was quite good. $10.99 included coffee. My husband had bacon & eggs. The early morning special was only $5.99 plus coffee @ $1.75. Quite reasonable prices for cottage country. My husband thought his bacon was slightly underdone, so I'm guessing they still need to do some work for consistency in quality. Overall, this was much better than most restaurants in the area. I'm tempted to see how their dinners compare.

• Visited September 2012