“Very pleased; good food and service”
Review of Don Cherry's Sports Grill - CLOSED

Don Cherry's Sports Grill
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed in Parry Sound for several days at the hotel connected to the Don Cherry’s and ate several meals there during our stay. I had never eaten at a Don Cherry’s before, but I get what I expected; actually, it exceeded my expectations.

Both my partner and I enjoyed the meals we had while there. We had a late lunch on the first day, including several orders of wings, which were awesome! I am not a big wing fan, but ordered them on my friend’s recommendation. These were really great; lots of meat and a great choice of sauces. I had the prime rib for dinner the next night and honestly it was fantastic! Years ago, I worked at a fine dining establishment that specialized in a prime rib every Sunday evening and this was totally up to par. The meat was a fantastic cu, beautifully cooked and all the sides were freshly prepared; it was actually a bit too much food for me to pack in.

Overall the prices were very reasonable and our service was excellent - very friendly and attentive servers and bar staff each time we visited. We will definitely go back and recommend it to others.

1  Thank Justin P

Reviewed November 6, 2011

Being the only bar in this town, you would think that this place would have top notch bouncers and bar staff. Totally not the case. Never, ever go there to party with your friends because if the bouncers decide that they don't like you, they escort you out and won't let you return even on another visit. They cannot distinguish between sober and drunk. It's an awful place to try and have a good, dancing night with friends.

3  Thank Linda H
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Awful service, the food was even worse. I can't believe that Don Cherry has his name in this hole. What a Canadian disgrace ! There were flies in our wine, all the food was cold. I had to ask for salad dressing, which then came after waiting for 15 minutes.
I would suggest to go elsewhere.

2  Thank Zandarkingofjungle
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We hadn't ate there for awhile and thought I would we would try for a change. I found the menus have changed again with higher prices for everything. Hamburg & fries 13.99, wow. Since the time before I thought the prices were high and but now they are extreme. I could see if I was getting excellent food, but we really do not find that it is that great. Stay away!

2  Thank SassieBarrie
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We went to the Parry Sound location on our recent vacation. We were excited to eat there. The service was terrible, slow and not too bright.

I had French Onion soup that was so salty I had my husband and son taste as I knew they'd never believe me. It was as if a salt shaker was dumped in or they forgot to add the water to a condensed soup.

My son's chicken sandwich had a huge bone in it. They claimed that was normal. The brushetta as salty, over seasoned and bitter. We complained and they did slightly adjust the bill, but with a very sour attitude. I thought we would love this place and maybe it was a bad location but I won't risk it again. Sorry Don, never miss you on Hockey Night in Canada but if I want to eat at a hockey restaurant I will hit Gretzky's in Toronto.

We ended up having Cheerio's in our hotel room.

5  Thank lorinhl