“Grab a Table on the Front or Side Porch & Enjoy...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay Street Cafe

Bay Street Cafe
Ranked #28 of 62 Restaurants in Parry Sound
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Kettering
“Grab a Table on the Front or Side Porch & Enjoy...”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The Bay Street Cafe is at least an annual stop for those that are lucky enough to spend their summers on Georgian Bay in the Parry Sound area. The primary drawl is the sea-side atmosphere as you are immediately across from the Town Dock and home of the Island Queen. The Menu offers quite a nice variety but I would say at least a third of the patrons are going after a fisherman's platter, basket of Pickerel or Pickerel Sandwich. The inside is comfortable as well, but the fun is out on the Porch. Service is very good, but this is a very popular spot and you are likely to have a small wait at or around the noon hour. After lunch you can walk across the street and down the parking area to the Georgian Bay Air building for a delicious ice cream cone. If you get the chance, sign up for a sightseeing flight over the fantastic thirty-thousand-islands.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank John W

Port Dover
“Not Happy”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

For a fish sandwich was to expensive for what we got..Asked if we wanted French fries or sweet potatoes I said the sweet potatoes and did not know they were 2.50 more .Asked for a small coke and they said they only had one size but the when the bill came it had billed as a large drink. The room that they put us was very noisey.

• Visited October 2013
Toronto
“Nice little place to eat”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Had a meal here with my family of three. It is a small little restaurant and bar with a selection of typical dishes. I had clubhouse sandwich that was on the dry side (dry bread and dry turkey). Price seemed a little on the high side.

• Visited October 2013
Perth, Canada
“Horrible Service - Walked Out”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I would like to do a review of the food for the Bistro but unfortunately I never got a chance to eat. We walked out.
My husband and I were in Parry Sound for our vacation in late August and decided we would go for an early lunch. I heard the Bistro was good so we went there. It was Monday August 26th at 11:30 and pouring rain. We walked in and the "hostess" was a young lady who pulled and stroked her ponytail the whole time we were talking to her. The restaurant had only one table occupied inside and a couple occupied on the porch area. We asked to be seated indoors. The hostess took up to a tiny table for two right at the intersection on the bar, and the walkway from the front door. The table was squashed into an area that 2 children would have trouble fitting into but my husband and I have some meat on our bones so this was either going to be impossible or extremely embarrassing for us to squeeze in to this table. I asked the waitress if we could sit at a larger table (again all but one table was empty and it was 11:30 on a Monday the end of August) and she said "Sorry, those are for bigger groups.". I was very surprised and said well, I guess we'll go elsewhere, to which she said nothing and just kept playing with her hair.
So I would like to review the food, but unfortunately the terrible service was all I had.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank canuhead
Lindsay, Canada
“Horrible”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

OMG where do I begin. We ate on the front porch. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Infested with spider webs that were not just there from yesterday. Beautiful "dead" hanging plants for decor. The porch floor was in dire need of cleaning and re painting probably three years ago. The Experience, I ordered crab cakes as an app along with the pasta w/lobster in a white wine reduction and pesto $22.99. Never got my crab cakes quote from the waitress :sorry, forgot, completely "gaped" that order. Mt pasta was from Food Basic's with mini lobster balls out of a can and the "white wine reduction sauce" was a flood of water in the bowl with sprinkled pesto, not mixed in. I mentioned the "flood in the bowl" of water and was told that they probably used to much wine????? On a different topic I mentioned that I owned a restaurant in Durham Region and she thought that was great as even though this restaurant was not for sale the owners would sell it to her once her boyfriend was finished with school...oh boy... Great location no brainer which can only be why they are still open but I would avoid at all cost. Ihave to chalk that uo to the worst.

• Visited September 2013