“A great place to stay”

40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Parry Sound B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2009

We had been away for a few days camping it was great to come to such a beautiful place, so clean and comfortable. Our room was a great size with a private bath, nicely decorated and cozy after. The location is great, close to everything that Parry Sound has to offer and the view over looking the bay is breath taking. We had a one night stay and enjoyed one of the best breakfasts I've ever eaten, so delicious.

Thanks Susan

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 2, 2009

We stayed at 40 Bay Street for one night at the end of our 10 year anniversary road trip. It was a refreshing way to end three days of driving, camping, hiking and rain. Located minutes from the downtown and directly accross from the picturesque waters of Georgian Bay we were within walking distance to resturants, a theater, pubs and wonderful historic sites. The B&B was immaculate, bedrooms comfortable, and breakfast was absolutely delicious. Enjoying breakfast on the sunny front porch was especially memorable. Thank you Susan - you are a wondeful host.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2009

I very much enjoyed my overnight stay at 40 Bay Street. It was very clean and comfortable. The location was superb and Susan was very helpful and friendly. Nice little touches. like the availability of a cork screw and glasses, tea and coffee whenever one wanted it were much appreciated. I had a lovely room with a deck looking out over the well tended garden and sitting there in the evening with a glass of wine and a good book was very enjoyable. The breakfast was substantial and delicious and Susan was happy to serve it early as I had to be on the road.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2009

My teenage sons and myself were on a 2 day getaway for their birthday and wanted to stay somewhere unique. Found this wonderful B&B was located right in the harbour area within walking distance of the cruise tour line and Georgian Bay Air Tours, both of which we highly recommend. This historic house was immaculate and we quite enjoyed our room with the wooden deck overlooking a beautiful flowering garden. The breakfast served in the morning was absolutely amazing - thanks Susan for making our stay!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2009

But I do have to say I would not return due to the fact I only managed to get 2 hours sleep due to the train's running through the night.Between 3 and 4 am 3 trains went through!! It totally ruined the whole experience for me!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Jenmomto2
Reviewed August 10, 2009

My partner and I stayed at 40 Bay St. to attend a wedding, and so we thought of our trip as a way of celebrating with our friends...but it turned out to be a bit of a get-away for us as well! Rooms are immaculately clean, breakfasts are amazing. I particularly recommend relaxing in the upstairs sun-room looking out over the water. Perfect!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2009

My husband and I just returned from a short trip to Parry Sound and a two night stay at 40 Bay Street B&B. The Bay street is everything you could ever want from a B&B and more. The rooms are clean, tastefully decorated, and comfortable, breakfast is amazing, and the Bay Street has the best location! My husband worked during the day which left me without a car, but 40 Bay Street is located within walking distance to everything....restaurants, stores, yoga studio, beach, and marina! It is also just across the street from the 6 km walking trail along the Georgian Bay. Susan is the most amazing host. I actually feel like I miss her. She was gracious enough to take me along on one of her shopping trips and drop me off at the beach one day. She is also extremely willing to help you make reservations and give you unbiased recommendations on what to see and where to eat. If you are in Parry Sound and looking for a B&B...there is no better place than 40 Bay Street!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple