“Such a lovely place!”

Ranked #1 of 12 Parry Sound B&B and Inns
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Such a lovely place!”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My husband and I spent our wedding night there and we couldn't have picked a better place. Susan was very accommodating to us as our wedding day found to be very hectic! My husband and I felt very welcomed and comfortable. The breakfast she served the next morning was amazing! We cant wait to go back again someday...maybe for our one year anniversary :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Toronto
Reviewed December 10, 2011

My wife and I stayed at 40 Bay Street during August and we had a delightful time. Susan was a wonderful host and made us feel most welcome in her home. Once we had unpacked Susan told us about all the local restaurants, the 30,000 island boat cruise and a Pow Wow taking place near by which we visited and had a wonderful afternoon. The breakfast Susan served was great and the company at the table was enjoyable. The local railway line passing over the river leading to the bay is an experience but not a nuisance.

Room Tip: The rom with the balcony is nice in the summer.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada

Olga and Bill
When we are able to return to Parry Sound we will be sure to stay with Susan Poole, our hostess at 40 Bay Street B&B. WE have great memories of delicious breakfasts and good company here and pleasant rooms to get our rest. We are always so comfortable when staying here.

Room Tip: all suites are great
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 10, 2011

This was probably our most enjoyable weekend getaway ever! Susan was the most gracious host, and worked around my food issues. The breakfast was wonderful and you could taste the love that everything was made with. The rooms are beautiful, the views are amazing, the food out of this world, and the atmosphere relaxing. What more could we ask for? We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Really enjoyed our week at 40Bay Street B&B in Parry Sound! Even though we were there at the end of the regular tourist season, and most of the days were rainy, Our Hostess Susan Poole found interesting places & restaurants etc. to keep us very busy. EVERY morning Susan started off our day with a full cooked breakfast. (Every morning was something different!) The rooms were very clean & visitor friendly, with wonderful views from the rooms & 3 porches. Coffe Tea & hot chocolate centre were available in the hallway, along with a fridge, where you could keep snacks & wine etc. 40 Bay Street is located right on the Bay, where you can watch the Float Planes take off and land, along with the main docking for Boat & scenic tours etc etc. We will indeed be back!!!!

Room Tip: Book early for this great location. There is a main route rail for people & goods traveling west...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Victoria Harbour, Canada
Reviewed October 29, 2011

From the moment I emailed Susan I knew I was going to enjoy my stay at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast. Once I arrived I was greatly impressed by the effort that has been made to ensure a welcoming & relaxing environment. Susan goes out of her way to keep up with the latest & most recent upcoming events, attractions & happenings within Parry Sound and the surrounding areas. I was greatly impressed with the folders containing menus of local eateries, price lists & guides of local activities and tourism adventures.
Although the purpose of my stay was purely to stop & unwind I knew that I could find anything I wanted to do if I had been looking to go out more.

I stayed in the Retreat room and found it thoroughly restful and re-energising. It definitely had a Spa Retreat feel to it. The private bathrooms & comfortable, wonderfully decorated rooms make it a great place to be!

The rooms were impeccably clean and I am already recommending 40 Bay Street to friends & family.

I enjoyed many wonderful conversations with Susan yet was still given lots of space for peace & quiet throughout my stay. She's a very attentive & accommodating Host, always ready to provide advice on what to see & do with plenty of great ideas & tips to make your stay memorable.

Also, the breakfasts were fantastic even though I'm a bit fussy with certain foods. By far the best French Toast I've ever had!!

All in all a great place to stay & I'm looking forward to returning some day with friends & family. Highly Recommend!!

Room Tip: The "Retreat" Room was amazing, got to inspect all the rooms and would happily stay in any...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Bochum, Germany
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We had come across the Atlantic to visit our 91-year-old mother in Toronto. Could we dare take her out of her house for a three-day trip to the North to Parry Sound? A phone-call and an e-mail exchange with Susan from Europe already allayed any fears we might have had. Susan organized, planned, cared and made our stay a perfect success with her genuine interest in helping us with problems big and small. Mom felt right at home in the Garden Room, and we enjoyed the great view from the Bay Room. Modern en-suite bathrooms and cozy beds made everyone feel at ease, and a lovingly prepared breakfast started the day. If we had a question, Susan knew the answer. We'll be back again!

Room Tip: My choice is the Bay Room with its view, but if it's summer and you want to sit on your own porc...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 12 in Parry Sound
Town & Country Motel
Town & Country Motel
#5 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!