“We will certainly be back!”

40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 Parry Sound B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Really enjoyed our week at 40Bay Street B&B in Parry Sound! Even though we were there at the end of the regular tourist season, and most of the days were rainy, Our Hostess Susan Poole found interesting places & restaurants etc. to keep us very busy. EVERY morning Susan started off our day with a full cooked breakfast. (Every morning was something different!) The rooms were very clean & visitor friendly, with wonderful views from the rooms & 3 porches. Coffe Tea & hot chocolate centre were available in the hallway, along with a fridge, where you could keep snacks & wine etc. 40 Bay Street is located right on the Bay, where you can watch the Float Planes take off and land, along with the main docking for Boat & scenic tours etc etc. We will indeed be back!!!!

Room Tip: Book early for this great location. There is a main route rail for people & goods traveling west...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed October 29, 2011

From the moment I emailed Susan I knew I was going to enjoy my stay at 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast. Once I arrived I was greatly impressed by the effort that has been made to ensure a welcoming & relaxing environment. Susan goes out of her way to keep up with the latest & most recent upcoming events, attractions & happenings within Parry Sound and the surrounding areas. I was greatly impressed with the folders containing menus of local eateries, price lists & guides of local activities and tourism adventures.
Although the purpose of my stay was purely to stop & unwind I knew that I could find anything I wanted to do if I had been looking to go out more.

I stayed in the Retreat room and found it thoroughly restful and re-energising. It definitely had a Spa Retreat feel to it. The private bathrooms & comfortable, wonderfully decorated rooms make it a great place to be!

The rooms were impeccably clean and I am already recommending 40 Bay Street to friends & family.

I enjoyed many wonderful conversations with Susan yet was still given lots of space for peace & quiet throughout my stay. She's a very attentive & accommodating Host, always ready to provide advice on what to see & do with plenty of great ideas & tips to make your stay memorable.

Also, the breakfasts were fantastic even though I'm a bit fussy with certain foods. By far the best French Toast I've ever had!!

All in all a great place to stay & I'm looking forward to returning some day with friends & family. Highly Recommend!!

Room Tip: The "Retreat" Room was amazing, got to inspect all the rooms and would happily stay in any...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2011

We had come across the Atlantic to visit our 91-year-old mother in Toronto. Could we dare take her out of her house for a three-day trip to the North to Parry Sound? A phone-call and an e-mail exchange with Susan from Europe already allayed any fears we might have had. Susan organized, planned, cared and made our stay a perfect success with her genuine interest in helping us with problems big and small. Mom felt right at home in the Garden Room, and we enjoyed the great view from the Bay Room. Modern en-suite bathrooms and cozy beds made everyone feel at ease, and a lovingly prepared breakfast started the day. If we had a question, Susan knew the answer. We'll be back again!

Room Tip: My choice is the Bay Room with its view, but if it's summer and you want to sit on your own porc...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2011

what a wonderful experience we had with Susan at her home.....we felt as if we were staying with family......we enjoyed a trip on the Island Queen(right across the street) and then went to Trappers Place for Dinner ......then back to 40 Bay St for an enjoyable evening relaxing in the living room and then off to bed.....we arrived at breakfast with the other guests and enjoyed some great conversation and then susan was able to join us for coffe.....Breakfast was delicious and she accommodated everyones taste perfectly.....thanks again for an awesome time....we'll return....Shirley & Ian...whitby

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shirley G
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I was in Parry Sound on business and decided to stay in the B&B. What a great choice! I had a great stay and enjoyed great conversation around the breakfast table. Thanks for making my time on the road a little like home!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Joel W
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My Husband and I were in Parry Sound to celebrate his birthday and we stayed at the 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast. What a lovely place! When we arrived Susan was very welcoming. We got settled in our room (The Garden Room) which has a beautiful big and comfortable king size bed and ensuite bathroom- all very clean. Susan gave us some suggestions on how we could spend our day, complete with a map of the town. She also lent us a binder full of the menus of all the nearby restaurants. Breakfast was so delicious, and we felt so at home. We would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney B
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Location is perfect. You can walk to the boat cruise or hiking trails and the Stockey Centre. You could walk downtown if you had walking shoes. Susan is a wonderful hostess, putting the needs of her guests first. Very helpful with information, and you can tell she enjoys her job. The room was extremely clean - so clean you can smell the bleach in the sheets! When we stayed there were returning guests who said they don't stay any where else. Breakfast was relaxed, delicious and plentiful. If you are in the area, please stay here, you will not be disappointed. However, the train does go by a couple times a night - use the earplugs or be so exhausted from all the fresh air you'll sleep through it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
Harmony Outdoor Inn
Harmony Outdoor Inn
#2 of 11 in Parry Sound

Been to 40 Bay Street Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!