“A Great Muskoka Course” 5 of 5 bubbles

25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A Great Muskoka Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Played this course twice with underpar.com coupons (great deal!) and was immediately impressed with the condition. Greens were fast and in excellent shape. Fairways like carpet. Some holes were very challenging especially if there were raised greens. Had to hit the perfect shot into the green or it would roll back downhill 50 yards. Generous fairways, reasonable rough. Most holes remind one of many of the other Muskoka courses. The visat of the 18th hole is spectacular. It is a course every golfer should play at least once. It is out of the way but well worth the trip. We had dinner at the rustic clubhouse with fresh afternoon caught pickerel which was perfectly prepared. Dinner prices are reasonable and the menu is varied enough to have something for everyone.

Visited September 2013

Burlington, Canada
163 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Nice front 9, tough back 9, bring lots of balls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I bought an underpar deal and we played this course on a Thursday afternoon. The golf course is well maintained and very pretty. The front 9 was challenging, but the back 9 was quite tough. I lost a lot of balls. They could have used a marshall as the foursome in front of us held us up at every hole. The 18th hole is absolutely beautiful with a gorgeous view of Lake Manitouwabing. It was an enjoyable afternoon - lots of bugs flying around, but very few biting in late August.

Visited August 2013
Parry Sound, Canada
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Had a great dinner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Apart from the excellent golf course, dinner at the Ridge is very good. Service has improved and the experience was excellent. The waitresses were very attentive to our table of 6. The atmosphere in the club house dining room, with the soaring post and beam ceilings and fireplace is great and definitely not claustrophobic. The pastas were wonderful and as an appetizer, try the grilled calamari. If it is nice, sit outside and get a better lake view.

Visited August 2013
USA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Wonderful Wedding Site”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were at The Ridge for a May 31 wedding. While the location is challenging, it was nice once we arrived. 30 minutes down back roads after a 3 hour drive from Toronto! Thankfully there was daylight coming and going. It is a very modern yet rustic-looking golf clubhouse with a great view of the adjacent golf course and a lake! Indeed, some people boat to the clubhouse from their cottages! Reservations recommended in case the restaurant is closed for a private function.

Visited May 2013
Central Ontario
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Excellent food, fantastic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a great spot for a better than average lunch or a terrific dining experience. Overlooking the lake with a resort type feel, this place delivers on excellent food in decent portions. this is part of a country club of a high end golf course, but there are quite affordable options...even the fine dining is well in line with similar restaurants that don't have half the atmosphere that this place has. Was at a wedding here as well this past summer and this place was awesome. I have a big appetite and I could hardly move after supper I was so full...ceasar salad is tremendous, beautiful steaks, salmon is some of the best you'll ever have. Only complaint I have with the place is not really fair, but wanted to take my wife here on our anniversary and they were closed due to a wedding...I think this happens a fair bit and to be fair, my first experience there was because I was at a wedding myself...just be forewarned...call first.

Visited September 2012