“Wonderful Wedding Site” 5 of 5 stars

44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Wonderful Wedding Site”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were at The Ridge for a May 31 wedding. While the location is challenging, it was nice once we arrived. 30 minutes down back roads after a 3 hour drive from Toronto! Thankfully there was daylight coming and going. It is a very modern yet rustic-looking golf clubhouse with a great view of the adjacent golf course and a lake! Indeed, some people boat to the clubhouse from their cottages! Reservations recommended in case the restaurant is closed for a private function.

Visited May 2013

Central Ontario
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Excellent food, fantastic atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a great spot for a better than average lunch or a terrific dining experience. Overlooking the lake with a resort type feel, this place delivers on excellent food in decent portions. this is part of a country club of a high end golf course, but there are quite affordable options...even the fine dining is well in line with similar restaurants that don't have half the atmosphere that this place has. Was at a wedding here as well this past summer and this place was awesome. I have a big appetite and I could hardly move after supper I was so full...ceasar salad is tremendous, beautiful steaks, salmon is some of the best you'll ever have. Only complaint I have with the place is not really fair, but wanted to take my wife here on our anniversary and they were closed due to a wedding...I think this happens a fair bit and to be fair, my first experience there was because I was at a wedding myself...just be forewarned...call first.

Visited September 2012
orillia ,on,canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great Golf Course/ Lousy Lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My foursome ordered lunch consisting of 2 clubhouse sandwiches and 2 beer battered fish and chips. The fish and the chips were dark in color and extremely greasy...it was so obvious that the cook needed to change the oil and have it at the proper temperature. It was just plain lousy!
The waitresses were no where to be found...there were only 2 other tables that were occupied.

I have dined here several times and was always satisfied...they must have some novice cook for their lunch hours!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Hawkrridge
Burlington, Canada
“Nice Food, Nice View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This was a restaurant where evry dish we had, we enjoyed. The servers were attentive and personable and the view of the Lake was fabulous! Highly recommend it.

Visited August 2012
North Bay, Canada
“A great golf experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

My foursome thoroughly enjoyed, the course; the amenities and service second to none.

We are anxious to go back!

Visited August 2012