New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Toronto, Canada
“Great Place to Relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

My boyfriend along with our dog rented one of the cottages here over the Canada Day long weekend. It was a Great time away, not too far from Toronto but far enough to really feel that you are getting away. Andy was so accommodating with our short notice/long weekend booking. The cottage we stay is was perfect, clean and most importantly right at the water. The private dock is KEY!! Great sun through out the day. My boyfriend and I took the canoe out on to Otter lake (naturally he did most of the paddling) it was so clean and warm (especially considering that it was only the beginning of July). What we both loved was the privacy and peace. I HIGHLY recommend Sunny Point. Thank you for a beautiful weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Heather P
sunnypt, Owner at Sunny Point Resort, Cottages & Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Heather,
Thanks for writing a review on TA. I was pleased to be able to rent you Cottage 6 on I believe a late cancellation. I know when someone is really enjoying themselves at their dock.... I don't see them the entire time they are here. lol. We met at check in and then again at check out! I agree about the dock at Ctg 6. It is among the largest docks and the cottage itself is only 20 feet from the back of the cottage to the water. For this reason, even though it is our smallest and oldest cottage, it remains very popular. I hope we can accommodate you again soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

My fiancee and I spent 4 amazing days at Sunny Point Resort this past weekend. We rented one of the cottages, which had everything you could want for a perfect weekend away. We really enjoyed how private and peaceful the property was. The swimming was great, and the cottage was perfectly clean. Andy and Sue are friendly, wonderful hosts. I can't say enough great things about the whole experience! We are already looking to return this summer, hopefully for a whole week this time. I highly recommend this resort - even though we didn't use the many amenities offered, there is so much to choose from and I believe all ages would be entertained!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Kristy932014
Kristy,
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Sue, my better half, is in charge of the cleaning staff, and she makes sure all of us clean to her standard! Thanks for noticing. I agree completely about the swimming. I consider myself so lucky to be able to swim perhaps 100 times this summer with my chocolate lab pal Marley. Otter Lake is incredibly clean and weed free. I hope we have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon.
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stayed at Sunny Point Resort this past weekend and I must say the website cannot possibly capture the beauty and ambience of the property. I was looking for a place not too far from the city where I could escape, relax and rejuvenate. Sunny Point Resort is that place and more. The lake is magnificent from land and canoe; which is included with the cottage rental. Andy and Susan are great hosts. The grounds and rentals are spotless; you can see the pride of ownership and feel the commitment to provide their guests the ultimate stay of enjoyment. There is plenty of privacy but yet the opportunity to be a part of a small community with other guests if you so desire in the common areas around the lake, bbq areas, tennis and basketball courts. We enjoyed a few games of pool and ping pong in the game room prior to grabbing a book from the library for some quite time on our private dock by the lake. We enjoyed a short ride into the quaint little town of Parry Sound where we took a stroll, visited some charming shops and had a lovely dinner. I will be returning again and again to Sunny Point Resort, as availability permits, to connect with nature and spirit.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cindigordon
Cindi,
Thanks for the taking the time to write a review. Sue and I are very pleased that you have chosen us for your vacation time and that you not only have been back this summer but also are planning a trip with more of the family in October. We very much enjoy relationships that we develop with our frequent guests including yourself. See you on your next adventure!
Buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Sunny Point in September, 2013. We returned again in
October 2013 with an adult son. Enjoyed both experiences. The owners, Andy and Susan, are extremely helpful and friendly. In both instanes he rooms were very clean, as were the grounds more generally. The resort sits on 80 acres, with a great view of Otter lake, which gives you a great feeling of being away from city congestion.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Amherstmike
sunnypt, Owner at Sunny Point Resort, Cottages & Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Mike, Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We have enjoyed you and your family. It is especially gratifying when a new guest returns to stay with us so soon like you have done. We too love the quiet and serenity that our large property and the lakefront setting provide. We hope to accommodate you again for another adventure. Andy
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed at Sunny Point Resort with my husband and 3-month old baby girl in early September. We had a very pleasant time despite the weather not really cooperating! Andy and Sue were great hosts and were very welcoming. We stayed at the Inn and had had a great view overlooking the lake. We were delighted to find a real fireplace in our room and enjoyed a warm fire on rainy nights. Although we weren't able to enjoy the waterfront as much as we would have liked, I could see it was well kept and included lots of sun chairs for the guests to relax as well as other fun things like a water trampoline, slide, paddle boats, and stand up paddle-boarding which we did get to enjoy. We also made use of the barbeque and patio area on the lake. We will definitely come back here next summer (and hopefully pick a better week!). They also have a pontoon boat which we rented and enjoyed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kokomolady1
Thank you so much for writing a review about your stay at Sunny Point. Sorry for the weather. We do our best to provide for comfortable suites for times when guests stay inside. This past year we added new mattresses, flat screen tv's and retiled fireplaces to our Junior Suites; I'm pleased you found the suite, and the view of the lake, to your liking! Sue and I hope to see you again next summer. Andy
Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed with my sons in a suite in the inn: nice rooms with a view of the lake, private garden with bbq, full kitchen. You can enjoy free canoe, basket, beach volley, tennis, and then swming, hiking, etc etc. Everything is clean inside and outside. A good place for families.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Alessandro T
Allessandro, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Sunny Point. We appreciate that you choose our place for your brief stay in September. We try very hard to present our guests with a very clean suite and to provide amenities that are enjoyable. Sue and I hope to see you again soon. Andy
Stouffville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have worked in the travel industry for 25 years, and have traveled extensively throughout the world, enjoying accommodation from the deluxe level, down to your 'cheap and cheerful'
Sunny Point Resort is an absolute pearl. The scenery is beyond stunning, with each cottage privately set in mature woodlands overlooking Otter Lake.
My family and I have just returned home from our 4th stay there. My boys are 9 and 12, and love the place. The dock and beach by the Inn is a great place for them to hook up with other kids and entertain themselves on the water trampoline, the diving tower and the woods. The tubing is amazing (extra cost) and will have you squealing your head off all the way down the magnificent lake.
I am always overwhelmed by the cleanliness of the cottages. Everything is always in perfect order. The owners, Andy and Sue ensure that all of their guests are taken care of, and have become friends with their many repeat clients.
I recommend Sunny Point to anyone that loves being in the midst of woodlands and water. For families, it's a great way to pluck the kids off the Xbox and let them explore the wonders of nature. My eldest son cried when we left!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendyhelen1966
sunnypt, Owner at Sunny Point Resort, Cottages & Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Wendy, Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice review about Sunny Point Resort. We very much enjoy hosting your family especially seeing the boys grow and mature year to year. As you know, we do take great pride in a clean presentation of our cottages. It does help when guests like yourself leave the cottages in good shape for our turn around. Sue and I consider the friendships we develop with our returning guests to be among the most satisfying parts of owning Sunny Point. We look forward to seeing you again next year. Sincerely, Andy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parry Sound
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites
Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites
#12 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to Sunny Point Resort, Cottages & Inn? Share your experiences!