“Way overpriced”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Toronto
“Way overpriced”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Paid $148 for a room with bed and sofa bed. Way too much for Parry Sound. Way too much for that kind of room. Nothing fancy, but the place was clean. Front desk girl was unfriendly and not helpful. Breakfast was ok. Next time, we'll try to find a better place at a better price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Moutarde22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Oshawa
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were pleased with the price, cleanliness, the decor, the staff, and the continental breakfast. WiFi worked great and was included. Happy with the CAA discount as well. We were on the second floor and facing the rear, so very quiet. Not thrilled with the huge overhead lights over the beds -a bit too bright. Only a one-night stay for us but will definitely book next time we are up to visit family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen M
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The hotel looks new, so the bathroom is extremely clean, the bed is comfortable, and the furniture is neat. There is a very strange mirror-wall above the headboards of the bed, which was a bit eerie at first (reminded me of a two-way observation mirror). The continentatal breakfast wasn't very well maintained during our visit. Wireless internet worked well. Good lighting and adequate space in the room. It was expensive for the value of what you are getting, but it was in a convenient location for us and I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lotzasmiles
Caledonia
Reviewed June 24, 2011

The hotel itself was nice and very accommodating. Thank goodness. I booked our room through Expedia. I always search for pet friendly hotels. We arrived late, almost 2am. Our room was all set until I noticed a sign behind the counter that said 'Pets under 25 lbs only'. I questioned the lady and she was surprised when I said I had a pet.
I told her there was nowhere during the booking process to say I was bringing a pet. She seemed a little put out because she had given us a room on the 2nd floor. Pets are only allowed on the 1st floor and there is an extra charge. Then I had to tell her my dog was about 140 lbs. There was a lot of grumbling but she said she would just look the other way.
We were given the only room left on the 1st floor which was an upgrade at no extra cost and there was no pet charge. I appreciate the fact that she did accommodate us but buyer beware. The night clerk said they had told the owner of this quite a few times in the past and he has chosen not to be more specific. So she will continue to accommodate.

Room Tip: Weight limitations on pets and an extra charge.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eddys_angel
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Had to visit this little town for a funeral - checked in and the clerk was very friendly - it was a Sunday night so the hotel was very quiet. The room was nice! Slept ok- beds were a little harder than I like but my husband loved them. I know this is a personal opinion only. Slept in so we missed breakfast. I'd stay again! Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank traveller0525
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Hotel was okay - room was a bit small but served it's purpose. Pretty basic with nothing fancy. Oddly enough there was a mirror, about three feet high, that ran the length of one wall and it kept reminding me of a one-way mirror......

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Boots_79
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Reason for stars: Great food with very good value. I was surprised that this little town had a restaurant that could produce food like this for this price. There probably isn't many places in Toronto that would have such good value.

Rooms: Clean. It was a bit cold when I was there. There was a heater but it was quite loud and I had to run it all night. It was not enough to keep me up but more like white noise.

Location: Right next to the 400. Great location.

Value: Continental breakfast was good . Parking was free. Wifi was free. Good value

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
#5 of 19 in Parry Sound
Harmony Outdoor Inn
Harmony Outdoor Inn
#2 of 11 in Parry Sound

Been to Parry Sound Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!