The Glen Burny Lodge is located in the woods, a little outside of Parry Sound, right at the Georgian Bay. We stayed there for one night (actually we had planned to stay for 2).
- the location is really beautiful and the staff was friendly and helpful.
- the dining room is very nice and overviews the lake
- the room's technical equipment was very good (if you attach importance to that):
microwave, big flatscreen, fridge, coffee maker, wi-fi
- the PRICE!!
- the ground seemed a little bedraggled
- the hygienical conditions: for us, the morst important thing is, that a room is clean. Therefor we would rather do without the tv. on the face of it, everything seemed ok, but on closer inspection you could see that the cleaning had been done (has it been done at all?) very sketchily.
the towels were filthy and so was the bedding, the fridge was dirty on the inside. the same impression in the bathroom.
the "best" was the full diaper on a chair on the balcony - that made us sure, that the room wasn't looked after.
We stayed one night and that was more than enough.
The Glen Burny Lodge has the charm of a holiday camp for teenagers - and if the price was appropiate to that (60-80 dollars maybe) - we would have been satisfied.
Unfortunately the room was more expensive than a room in the Hilton Hotel at the Niagarafalls and that is just ridiculous.
- Also Known As:
- Glenn-Burney Hotel Parry Sound
- Glenn-Burney Lodge Parry Sound, Ontario