“Disappointing”

Super 8 Parry Sound
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Primarily travelled for business. The room itself, with twin double beds was functional enough. I feel bad for this site, they are very much seasonal so it is hard for them to invest completely in upgrades. That bring said there is no excuse for broken tiles in the bathroom. My other significant distraction was lack of Internet. The signal strength was good but could not negotiate a dhcp connection. I called the front desk to which they replied "if there are to many people on it, it doesn't work". She very nicely attempted to reboot the server. Which obviously did nothing... So from a work perspective this was very poor.

I did have my wife and kids with me for the first couple of days and they did enjoy the pool, hot tub, and gym and despite the number of black flies which are beyond the properties control they were serviceable

Tv in the room was handled by bell expressVU satellite and worked, again older tube style tv but still not bad.

So in summary I would choose to stay elsewhere. But there are limited options in the area.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 22, 2013

The Stay in the hotel was pleasant. It was out of the Parry sound main city area. So we had to drive in for everything ... Which was a choice that we made. The hotel is kind of old but the room was clean. You cannot drink the water though cos it tastes very bad ! Also I would just suggest to the hotel management to open up the pool earlier rather than at 9am, ! one of the main reasons we choose to stay here was for the pool. The staff were very polite and friendly and overall our stay here was very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was very surprised at the room. Very clean big and comfortable!!! I usually stay at the Microtel in Parry Sound, but there was a big meeting taking most hotels rooms right in Parry Sound, as I travel here a couple times a year. Decided to try the Quality Inn, that I always see on the hwy 400. Very Happy that I did!! Liked it better than anything in town!! Also they have a pool/hot tub!!! TV could be replaced by flat screen, but hey they have Satellite!!! Service was very good, will return!!! Stayed in May 2013, for work, and was very happy, would not hesitate to bring the wife and our daughter for a family trip stay over!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Although we had stayed there previously and don't recall any problems, our most recent stay was not very pleasant. We found that we could not drink the water as it had a terrible taste. When running the bath water we noticed that it was an ugly brown colour and left a black sandy residue in the tub.
To be fair the motel did reduce the price at check-out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Hotel caters to all needs and has an extremely professional and friendly staff. A great experience overall. My work requires me to spend a lot of time in the area and I feel that it provides a home like environment at the same time the service is efficient. It is a very relaxing atmosphere to unwind and would really recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Room was large and clean. Nice to have pool, hot tub and dry spa. Great location if you are snowmobiling. Golden griddle restaurant okay for breakfast but restricted winter hours created problem for dinner and terrible experience at the Jolly Roger resulting in our group walking out of restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 29, 2013

hmm what do people usually say on these things? I never left a review before for anywhere I stayed - I decided to make an exception here since I've been to this hotel a few times now. The staff, service and cleansiness were excellent at this place! The price was very reasonable!
I've been going up north for a while now and after a long day spent travelling in the nature and doing different things - it's great to go to a nice clean hotel with respectful staff and very comfortable beds. I've been up there with friends and just with my girlfriend a few times... I've never been disappointed. Awesome space up there! I hope you all have a great experience like I, my friends, and my girlfriend had :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
#9 of 19 in Parry Sound
Town & Country Motel
Town & Country Motel
#5 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to Super 8 Parry Sound? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Parry Sound

Address: 1 JR Drive | Exit 217, Parry Sound, Ontario P2A 2W8, Canada (Formerly Quality Inn and Conference Centre)
Location: Canada > Ontario > Northeastern Ontario > Parry Sound
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Price Range: $78 - $105 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Super 8 Parry Sound 2.5*
Hotel is strategically located on highway 400 exit 217, 5 minutes south of Parry Sound in Ontario Canada. Our Super 8 has two swimming pools (indoor and outdoor), tennis courts, Jacuzzi and sauna. This Super 8 is a full service facility and has Cottage Country's finest Conference centre. It offers contemporary comfort, excellent professional services and fine cuisine at the Jolly Roger Restaurant attached on site. The facility also has a full sports bar and located on a trail for snowmobiles and ATV/Bikers in the summer. Come see why we are Parry Sound's favourite hotel. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Parry Sound reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn And Conference Centre Hotel Parry Sound