“Everything I needed”

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Everything I needed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed here recently and the hotel had everything I needed. Cozy and having a restaurant on site really helped for my short trip. I live on my laptop so the wi-fi was a bonus. Wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

I believe it's the only place near or in town with an indoor and outdoor pool which we loved! you can't go expecting city like accommodations. perfect for the country feel, near the highway and not too far from the town!
We definitely took advantage of the squash courts and the onsite golden griddle!

Room Tip: Ask about the second building!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is a nice cozy hotel. The staff were friendly and the food at golden griddle was delicious!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Heather C
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

I was on a road trip and decided on a whim to stop at this hotel because I felt like stopping at that time. The room was clean and the receptionist friendly. I thought the room was not so cheap at $85 in the low season.

The main restaurant was closed already, but I had some chicken wings in the sports bar and watched some hockey (Stanley cup season). The free wifi was working fine for me, and even though the hotel is close to the freeway, I did not hear anything at night.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank keenriser
Hamilton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

We travelled to Parry Sound on business and choose the Quality Inn because of its reputation. We did not need luxury, but clean and convenient. With one diabetic family member, a restaurant on site was critical.
The room was $109 plus tax.
The restaurants were both closed - The Golden Griddle closed at 4 so we missed dinner.
The bathroom was severely in need of attention and very dim.
There was blood on the sheets - but no bedbugs thankfully.

Although the staff was very kind, we felt that this was the poorest representation of a "Quality Inn" we have ever stayed in. If we had paid $70 per night, we would have expected what we got.

Room Tip: Stay in the main town at the Comfort Inn if you want good quality or the Minotel.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ParrySoundOntario, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Parry Sound, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Hi,

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Our restaurant hours are posted on our website and available via phone, I am sorry it was not open when you were checking in. The blood you are claiming on the comforter was pizza sauce and with a quick call to the front desk, we would have provided you a new room. I am unsure about what your concern with the roof.

Thanks,

Travelers are raving about these Parry Sound hotels

Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in July of this year during a business trip. The room was spacious and clean and internet connectivity was excellent. I went to golden griddle for food and it was good. The parking space was adequate. I would definitely stay at this hotel when I visit Parry Sound again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Larry W
Peterborough, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

came for business trip. Their high speed net is worse than dial up. My colleague said it took him whole night to download a 2.5mb picture. Complained front desk and then they rest router. When I was in lobby browsing the net went off! Hilarious. The golden gridle restaurant closes at 2pm!! unbelievable

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
Town & Country Motel
Town & Country Motel
#5 of 19 in Parry Sound

Been to Super 8 Parry Sound? Share your experiences!