“Definitely worth trying!”

Maurizio's Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 61 Restaurants in Parry Sound
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Maurizio's Pizzeria is the culmination of two years of research into what makes a great pizza, an exceptional pizza. Travelled across Italy in search of the key elements of this fantastic dish, Maurizio believes he has found the solution. This Take-Out venue features only one dish. Pizza. Tradition Thin Crust 12" Pizza. Welcome to Little Italy of Parry Sound. Cheers Maurizio Please Note: We do not offer Gluten Free pizza.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Thank goodness for tripadvisor.ca Found Maurizio's on the web and drove all the way from Toronto to try it since my husband and I love Italian food (and Parry Sound). The large chicken sandwich was delicious and the Thanksgiving Dinner special was one of the best meals I've had. We will definitely go back to Maurizio's and try more of their authentic Italian cuisine.

2  Thank pearlanch
MaurizioTOI, Owner at Maurizio's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

pearlanch, thank you so much for your review! Yes indeed, thank goodness for Trip Advisor :) Not only did you enjoy a home cooked meal, but we at Maurizio's made some new friends :) My Chef and I are very pleased you enjoyed everything and wish you a wonderful winter season. Feel free peruse our website prior to your next visit as new dishes are always being added. We look forward to seeing again on your next trip.

All the best!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Wow! What a find! We stumbled upon this little take-out Italian place this summer while on vacation. I had the eggplant parmigiana and it was so rich and buttery and delicious. My only complaint is there wasn't enough of it! My husband had a calzone and it was the best we had ever tasted. The rice balls are wonderful too. We tried to go back again but it was closed leaving us really disappointed but we'll try again on our next trip!

3  Thank canuhead

Canoehead8, thank you so much for your visit that day. We are happy you enjoyed everything to the last bite! I truly apologize we closed when you came back for your second visit. We are open Monday through Saturday, closed Sunday's. Feel free to peruse our website before your next trip as we are always adding age old family recipes to our repertoire.

Have yourself a great winter and we'll see you on your next trip!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Great Italian comfort food, terrific staff, friendly service, cute spot and convenient, the pasta you can taste the flavorful fresh ingredients .. The lasagna at this little quiet restaurant is phenomenal...tastes like the fresh homemade lasagna my grandma use to make !!!

2  Thank Petmate

Petmate, thank you very much for taking the time to write your review! To be compared to your Grandma's cooking is a great honour to us. It makes us smile :)

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am a local to Parry Sound and it gets aggravating choosing somewhere to eat out for dinner. I came to trip adviser to see if there were any places I missed, and up popped Maurizo Italian food. I was sold instantly once I read the review about homemade calzone. I got in my car and drove there instantly. I got to this tiny little place and it had one quiet little table in the corner. I found this sweet old Italian woman behind the counter and all the aromas of homemade Italian food hit my nose as I walked in the door. They didn't have a huge menu today so I ended up buying the last calzone and a veal on a bun. The calzone was all homemade, down to the calzone dough. It was one of the best tasting calzone's I have ever ate. The amount of meat and peppers stuffed inside of it was more than generous. It wasn't of your tomato and cheese variety ( which I was expecting ), but was alright with this because it was absolutely amazing. The veal on a bun with sweet peppers was just as good on a homemade bun. If you love Italian food. or just down right out good old fashioned homemade food, then check this place out. Will definitely be eating here again and buying my calzone here from now on. 5/'5

2  Thank Jay J

Jay J, we are very flattered by your review and it warms our hearts that we can provide you with not only our great tasting food but a satisfying and an enjoyable experience all round. We are growing our menu daily and introducing new an exciting age old recipes that we are sure will leave your taste buds dazzled.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Best food I have ever had! The Service is great makes you feel at home.Smells so good every time we go there. Awesome choices to pick from daily! Always something new to try everyday! The Espresso blend is fantastic, one on a kind.! If you are ever in the Parry Sound area really you have to stop by and try the food you will not be disappointed

2  Thank CountryBumkin2013

CountryBumkin2013, what can i say; thank you so much for that review. We look forward to seeing you every time you visit us! A chilled Orange SanPelligrino is always waiting for you when you arrive :)

See you soon!