“Delightful Decor Excellent Food”
Review of Arizona Grill - CLOSED

Arizona Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Delightful Decor Excellent Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's been years since I stopped in Parry Sound to eat. And with it being Family Day, and a holiday, wouldn't you know that many restaurants were closed!! Driving by, I noticed that a restaurant I used to dine at had a change of name. It was now called the Arizona Grill and it was open!

We ventured in and we were immediately impressed with the decor! Certainly an upgrade from what I remembered! The daily specials looked very interesting and the prices were very reasonable. We opted for a Chicken on a Bun which included Soup de Jour. The Beef Minestrone soup was an absolute delight!! Large portion and very tasty and definitely home made!!! Then came the Chicken on a Bun, Not what you'd usually expect! The fresh chicken filet was smothered in sauce, cheese and mushrooms and was delicious! The hollowed out mushroom cap stuffed with fresh peppers and other small vegetables offered a colourful and tasty addition to the meal. And at a cost of $8.99 was an absolute steal!!!! And the service was fast, very friendly and showed a genuine concern for the customer! In Parry Sound that is a lost commodity!

I will make it a point to stop here whenever I'm in Parry Sound. You can have an excellent meal here for the cost of a visit to a fast food emporium..... but the taste and quality far exceed that at any fast food establishment I've ever been to.

Keep up the great work! You're succeeding at making your restaurant a huge success.

• Visited February 2013

Kagawong, Canada
“Open at late times.”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The food was average, service was good. It was later in the evening so we appreciated having anything besides fast food. Since I don't like spicy foods, they actually gve me a small sample to try before ordering -their idea. My wife ordered it but I had something else.

Visited January 2013
Parry Sound, Canada
“Good fish and chips”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This restaurant is quite good and very reasonably priced. Friday is fish and chips day and they hand batter the fish. It is a good portion with plenty of fries and they have malt vinegar on the table. Very nice staff as well.

Visited December 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I like going to the Arizona for the food - but not so much for the atmosphere. The front half of the dining room is too white and too noisy - they could use some accoustic tiles or something to damper the noise. We are a large group and can't hear anyone 2 seats away or more. The back half (the bar area) has those tall tables with stools that I find very uncomfortable. A little work on the decor and this could become one of my favourite restaurants in Parry Sound.

Visited September 2012
Toronto
“What happened to this place?”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I always remember stopping off atthis restaurant in the past. It seems that it was taken over my a different owner so we thought in keeping with tradition, stopping off and trying it out - honestly I wish I just kept driving!

The staff were not knowledgable about the food at all. The silverware I was served with was dirty, and honestly in todays day and age how is that even possible.

When the food did eventually come out of the kitchen (almost an hour later), even though there was only a few tables in the restaurant, the food itself was very bland, and they "forgot" one of the orders for our friends. So when his order finally came out, the rest of us were done.

Honestly was looking forward to the home made pizza that used to be served here... and when I asked the waitress where I could get something hand made and old fashioned like that they said "notin this town". Wow is all I have to say about that! Truly, if this town supports this kind of restaurant, with this kind of food, it makes me wonder.

Don't waste your time or money

Visited July 2012