“Very Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Parry Sound
London
“Very Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times in the summer of 2012 while in the area for site visits. Hotel is the usual Comfort Inn consistency of being nice and clean. Alway get a good sleep. Also has a continental breakfast which serves me perfectly. Hotel is close to restaurants and gas stations. Will definitely be my first choice to stay when I am in area again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ComfortInnPS, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind review of the Parry Sound Comfort Inn. We are happy to learn that our hotel suited your accommodation needs. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and cleanliness. We sincerely appreciate the time taken to post a review and hope to have the opportunity to welcome your return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Winnipeg
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Its a comfort inn, generally a clean, very basic hotel for if there is nothing better for me to stay in.
This one had friendly staff and they offered me soup that was in the lobby, kind of different, but I was pleased with that.
My room was ok, but it was very cold when I got there as the heat wasnt on. I warmed it up quickly and was fine. I sat in the bed and my phone had something on it... I sat on the sheets and it felt grainy. I am guessing detergent that hadnt been cleaned off properly and left residue? I sure hope thats all it was. It was on my covers AND my sheets.
Probably won't be staying here unless I absolutely have to. I would try a different hotel next time anyways as this one wasn't amazing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnPS, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer our hotel a review on Trip Advisor. We at the Comfort Inn Parry Sound strive for excellent customer service, cleanliness and guest satisfaction. We pride ourselves on meeting the needs of our guests and can assure you we have an excellent housekeeping staff on site. We appologize that your room was not up to standards and would have loved the chance to correct that for you during your previous stay with us. We would love the opportunity to change your opinion on our hotel for your next stay in our area. We are glad to hear that you ejoyed the soup offered for our Customer Appreciation.
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I come to Parry Sound almost every week and my stay at the hotel are always pleasant. Rooms are very clean and staff always accommodating! Lots of choices for breakfast, hopefully they add yogourt to their choices. Good value, accessible. Stores and restaurants are 5-10 minutes walk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ancaster, On
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for our son's hockey tournament. We found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating.

The rooms are basic, but had everything we needed and they were clean. Breakfast was decent with a fairly good selection

The hotel is very convenient to various stores (Walmart, Cdn Tire) and restaurants. It is less than a 5 minute drive to town.

I would definately stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
South West England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and found the hotel clean and staff friendly. The breakfast has plenty of choice. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance. The one criticsm I have is that when checking in I asked if there was a computer. I was told no. I had to ask where I could find a computer which is in the library in town. I found out later there was a computer but it wasn't working. This is not good in this time of booking in at airports on line. We dont all carry lap tops with us. I hope your computer is working now. Every other member of staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night whilst waiting for the rain to stop so we could do the 30,000 island cruise. It is a typical Comfort Inn. Not a big one, only two floors and no lift so you may need to ask for a ground floor room. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was small but we seemed to be the only ones there so it wasn't a problem. The hotel is on the edge of town on a crossroads. We had a view of the gas stop but we were only sleeping there so it didn't matter and it didn't keep us awake. Friendly staff. Parry Sound is a strange place that didn't seem to make the most of what the area has to offer and little for the tourist to shop in which we were surprised at but in a way that was nice as it hadn't been ruined by tourist culture like Niagra.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed one night (Saturday) only. Room was fairly clean, but you could tell they had not vacuumed since the last occupant as there was a vitamin pill on the floor.
All was well until a raucous wedding party kept motel guests up until around 3am. In the morning, the toilet was backed up and could not flush.
Spoke with a very nice room attendant who offered another toilet and advised that maintenance would be engaged to fix our toilet.
Breakfast was as expected, toast, coffee, cereal etc.
All in all, except for the noise and toilet it was a satisfactory stay, but I was not wowed!

• Stayed September 2012